Help!!! New bike!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Lisa21

Lisa21

Mooching.............
This may be a bit left field but could you be persuaded to try something like this....

View attachment 395646

www.cyclechat.net/threads/kona-cindercone-1995-back-from-the-dead.216019

It looks like it is shortly going to be surplus to requirements and is in excellent condition with new chain & cassette and full service done last year. Now has new grips, brake pads, and choice of pedals, SPD or pinned flats. Also now has brand new knobbly tyres, but choice of knobblies or the fat slicks shown in the photo.

I know it isn't at all girly :girldance:but it is different and actually fits your requirements quite nicely. Quality light steel frame & light rigid fork, more than robust enough for trails and rough tracks, without being weighed down by unnecessary suspension. On the quality and component front it will win over a modern cheap hybrid hands down.

If you are interested get in touch to discuss test ride and £money.....

Do I get my cake now? :mrpig:
Not quite what I'm having In mind tbh, but still very nice! Xx

I know it isn't at all girly :girldance:

This is still @Lisa21 we're talking about isn't it?

Now about that cake :mrpig:

PS: The Kona wouldn't look right with a Chihuahua in a basket on the front of it either :laugh:

OP
OP
Lisa21

Lisa21

Mooching.............
Lisa only has forks with cake on them ^_^

So true ;)

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
@Lisa21 I was a bit like you 5 years ago when I decided to move on from my MTB and get something a bit better on the road, but still able to cope with the odd track, towpath etc. It just so happens, I bought a Sirrus, my profile photo was taken a few hours after delivery on my first ride on it. The photo below is the same bike a few months ago, now rigged up with rack, bag and mudguards. It is a great bike, I have done nearly 12,000 miles on it. I still use my MTB and have 2 road bikes, but if I had to make do with just one and get rid of the others, this is the one I would keep; it is so versatile, fast enough to commute 15+ miles, depending on where I am working and light enough to get up quite challenging hills at a reasonable rate - although not as fast or light as a good road bike, especially with the rack and bag. Also robust enough to take on your average gravel track, or towpath. It has a comfortable riding position as well.

This model is a Sirrus Pro which I don't think they do any more, and it came with 28 mm tyres, the latest ones seem to come with 32 mm tyres (last time I checked anyway), but you can probably change them if you wish. The Sirrus generally has a good reputation and if, as you say, you keep coming back to one in preference to other choices, IMHO you will be making a good choice, I love mine. Good luck.

_5mHJK0cagXeftkcZZPmqyG8bFNiUkoCsxhphSveCNGr2VjVzFZxAS4VZOseIrsgBSPHkbxWr71Olu8WGBleGw=w1366-h629-rw

Top Bottom