Helping fellow cyclists?? Roadies v MTB'ers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Maybe someone could make sell and promote some fold away in the back pockets,signs that say something like FELLOW CYCLISTS PLEASE STOP TO HELP. Some kindred spirit might be built up as people eventually begin to see and recognise these signs and know that the cyclist needs help.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Big.Dave, I see you are based up in Derbyshire. .....down here seems to be a different story^_^

screenman

Legendary Member
I stop when I am a motorist, there are also 2 sizes of spare tubes in the car and a pump, plus a few tools all the time. Over the years I have given away maybe 10+ tubes to people with punctures, the reward in way of thanks and friendship is worth the very small monetary costs. Living in what seems the Hawthorne capital of the universe and just at the end of the Sustrans off road route seem I am well placed for many with bike problems.

I also ride both MTB and road, and have never come across any discrimination, I would have thought most sporting cyclist would own both, so I doubt many others have.

jarlrmai

Veteran
I always stop and ask no matter what and i'd hope everyone else would as well, have only had my offer of help accepted once but you never know what someone's situation is.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I stopped last week as a couple were struggling with a chain that had come off, I asked if I could help, lady said yes please, fella said he was okay. I left them to it.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
If a fellow cyclist is in need of assistance on the side of the road, I'd expect them to flag someone down.

If I ever found myself in need of assistance, I'd try to flag someone down.

With that in mind, I don't stop and offer my assistance if it isn't asked for.

byegad

Legendary Member
Having been caught by an MTB rider on the way down from Tan Hill Inn to Reeth, I stopped to, err, admire the view, who had a slow puncture I was amazed that he had no method of inflating a tyre on the bike. I was happy to help and he roared off down the hill in an attempt to get to Reeth before the tyre went flat. He succeeded, and when I arrived he was busy begging a pump from another rider on the car park.

All my trikes have a pump, CO2 inflater, patching kit and spare tube on board, plus tyre levers and a multi-tool. So I rarely need help, but am always glad if I'm repairing something by the roadside and someone asks if I need help.

_aD

Do not touch suspicious objects
Maybe someone could make sell and promote some fold away in the back pockets,signs that say something like FELLOW CYCLISTS PLEASE STOP TO SHARE CAKE

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
It sounds like a lot of people on here need to spend the cold nights of Winter with a spare wheel, tube, tyre and tyre levers in the living room. ^_^

Steve

Top Bottom