Hiding IP address

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Is there any benefit in this, I know people do it when they want to download films and music from pirate bay etc but are there any other benefits to this? Not that I would download music of course......

Arsen Gere

Über Member
Why bother, what have you got to hide ?
No one really bothers with end users downloading the odd movie to evaluate before buying, ditto music and 'adult art'. It is the persistent sharers, resellers and distributors who are chased down.
I have a had static ip address for 10 years so I am really easy to locate and had no problems.
Some people want to appear to come from somewhere else due to local restrictions or wanting to access something like the BBC's iplayer.

Bluenite

If you want to watch programmes that are out of your region then yes. I watch a heck of a lot of US TV.
As for hoping to avoid anyone knowing what you downloaded, it's a waste of time they can still track your PC's activity.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
The anonymous VPNs are getting much more popular with the new anti-piracy laws. I use one to watch US TV programmes, which dont tend to air for another 6 months sometimes in the UK. Its not like anyones losing any potential money from it, since i still have Sky.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Is there any benefit in this, I know people do it when they want to download films and music from pirate bay etc but are there any other benefits to this? Not that I would download music of course......

You don't need to hide your ip to watch or download anything, look out for the VIRUS though :excl:
For the know how, maybe ask off line? :angel:

Top Bottom