High blood pressure - I guess it's time to medicate ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

something in the news this morning that doing planks and sit squats daily is better for keeping blood pressure down than regular aerobic exercise.

Our yoga teacher was talking about this during our class and we got some extra planks and squats , plus some similar exercises this morning.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
something in the news this morning that doing planks and sit squats daily is better for keeping blood pressure down than regular aerobic exercise.

The devil is in the detail....you have to breathe whilst doing those exercises....which is pretty hard to do .....

Edit- perhaps breathe normally . .or deep breaths......

D

Deleted member 1258

Maybe.

But everything I think I do and enjoy is geared towards being young...I'm not going to make a very good old person....

Keep as active as you can for as long as you can, I'm 71, still doing yoga, still walking and gardening as much as I can, I've only scaled the cycling right back because I've become my Good Ladies main carer and I don't have the time.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Keep as active as you can for as long as you can, I'm 71, still doing yoga, still walking and gardening as much as I can, I've only scaled the cycling right back because I've become my Good Ladies main carer and I don't have the time.

Yes - but I want to roar around on an aero bike with deep section wheels and wear a jumbo visma baseball cap - not a good look at 60 !!!!

D

Deleted member 1258

Yes - but I want to roar around on an aero bike with deep section wheels and wear a jumbo visma baseball cap - not a good look at 60 !!!!

It doesn't mater what it looks like, if you want to do it do it.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Day 1 - of life of Ramipril ....

The good news is BP has fallen to around 122/70 - normal range .....but after 1 day !!! - just wonder if I really needed the meds.

JohnCl

Regular
To monitor my BP I use the App "BP Journal" on my android phone. A very easy app to use and you can export the data in different formats to email or print for your Dr.

T4tomo

Legendary Member

The good news is BP has fallen to around 122/70 - normal range .....but after 1 day !!! - just wonder if I really needed the meds.

the fact you've taken them and they have reduced your BP suggests, yes you do need them.... :wacko:

presta

Guru

My BP is good on average, but it fluctuates wildly over quite short periods of time if I take multiple readings:

1690549502045.png

I was diagnosed with high BP a couple of years ago and the medication has brought it down, but on reflection I have seen a growth in my overall levels of muscle pain and tiredness during and after exercise, plus background discomfort at other times, over the same period.

Is this something that others have experienced, or is it just coincidence?

Top Bottom