High mileage bike ( what's yours done to date)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi again.
We all know that bikes can last for many many years if simple maintenance is carried out , and its got me thinking as to how many miles has your bike racked up over the years and what point have you had to replace any worn out parts on it. Some members here may of had there bikes for many years and could imagine that they've got some monumental mileage under there belts. As my bike was second hand I will never know for sure what its done but since I,ve had it ,I've now covered nearing up to 4k without any major problems.
All the best
Johnny

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Approx 17.5k on the hybrid I bought towards the end of 2010 and still feels like new to me :okay:

classic33

Leg End Member
Replaced the drivetrain after four months, doing just over 1,500 a month.

Brake pads replaced once a month at this time of year.

vickster

Legendary Member
@jefmcg said that she's done 30000km on her Giant Avail

I think my highest mileage bike is the Genesis nearing 3500 miles...recently had new chain, cassette, cables...on the same brake pads though. Had new tyres maybe 2000 miles ago, but the ones originally fitted weren't new. 3rd lot of bartape. I've given up on lizardskins now!

Last edited:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
17000 miles on my current race bike in the last 2.5 years. The mtb and cx bike have done a lot less. The old race bike frame is still in the garage with 14000 miles on it.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Wheels were utter carp and replaced with my own handbuilts in first 2k. Likewise with Tektro hydraulic brakes replaced with shimano stuff. Otherwise just wear and tear, middle chain ring twice, big ring once, chains cassettes and BB's as needed. Tyres and brake pads plus some chain oil and air for the tyres :okay:

classic33

Leg End Member
Wheels were utter carp and replaced with my own handbuilts in first 2k. Likewise with Tektro hydraulic brakes replaced with shimano stuff. Otherwise just wear and tear, middle chain ring twice, big ring once, chains cassettes and BB's as needed. Tyres and brake pads plus some chain oil and air for the tyres :okay:
Why chain oil for the tyres?

Top Bottom