Hit and Run Road Rage Incident Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[QUOTE 4993861, member: 9609"]Is that even a proper policeman ?[/QUOTE]
View: https://youtu.be/xAdE_kMjerU

Drago

Legendary Member
PCSO's can identify witnesses and gather their details, but can't take statements. They're neither trained nor accredited to do so.

The only exception is when gathering evidence of ASB.

Alan O

Über Member
[QUOTE 4993861, member: 9609"]Is that even a proper policeman ?[/QUOTE]
I think they're often unfairly maligned - they can do a great groundwork job where full police powers aren't needed.

400bhp

Guru
When the force has endured so many cuts to its budget/funding. Even having PCSO to go door to door getting witness statements is better then them sitting on their arse and doing nothing about the incident at all.

Be a little thankful here.
And that particular job [door knocking] is the type of stuff they should be doing as it’s largely a form of admin.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Cheers for the posts everyone. Leg is a touch less painful today. Still swollen to a circumference 2.5cm more than the other leg. My workmate said it looks like I’ve got muscles now...one leg at least. :smile:

Anyway, just got back from my local police station. In a nutshell, I have given a full statement and they have had contact from the guy, after the put a note through the door late on Sunday. They are going to phone him now and send someone around tomorrow if no answer tonight. The PCSO got no witnesses from the other houses. Plenty said they heard the shouting and the bang, but none prepared to get involved. I have given the details of the 2 households that saw it happen. They are going to ask for statements, but warned that some won’t do it once they hear that they may need to go to court.

As far as classification is concerned, the regional support have decided that it can’t be a Road Traffic Incident as I have described the incident as a deliberate unprovoked attack with intent. They have it down as a Public Order Offence. This can change depending on what he says and also the witnesses, but it means I can’t attempt to claim via his car insurance presently.

Have sent through photo’s and can get the bike repaired at my leisure. They have warned me that it isn’t likely to be quick getting resolved.

No hurry, as can’t even wear a sock at this point.

Have been busy in work, so not had a chance to contact BC yet. That’s next on my agenda.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Further to the above, I think we should all respect the PCSO’s, in fairness. With the cutbacks on Police Officers, there would be no time for them to actually police if the PCSO’s weren’t there for the nitty gritty admin stuff. Respect is due in my mind.

Drago

Legendary Member
My guess is he gets charged with S4POA and criminal damage. Any takers?

classic33

Leg End Member
Further to the above, I think we should all respect the PCSO’s, in fairness. With the cutbacks on Police Officers, there would be no time for them to actually police if the PCSO’s weren’t there for the nitty gritty admin stuff. Respect is due in my mind.
Local Town Centre is controlled by one. You know when he's not on.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
If I knew I would comment on that, my wager would be zero zilch, no witnesses.
Aside from the 2 households that witnessed opposite the event. They have only just been given the contact details tonight. They were not there when the PCSO visited.

Obviously, that’s assuming the commit to a statement as may not want to get involved.

classic33

Leg End Member
My guess is he gets charged with S4POA and criminal damage. Any takers?
No chance. Attacked(at work) and ended up in the local A&E, following repeated kicks to the head. £80 fine(planned) plus victim surcharge, doubled on the spot when the judge learnt I'd asked for any money awarded be donated to MacMillan Cancer & Marie Curie.

classic33

Leg End Member
Aside from the 2 households that witnessed opposite the event. They have only just been given the contact details tonight. They were not there when the PCSO visited.

Obviously, that’s assuming the commit to a statement as may not want to get involved.
Simple question of "did they say or hear anything" can give a non committal answer confirming they heard/saw something happen, but not what.

Top Bottom