Hit and Runs reported at London Critical Mass.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
What ever, just want to know is her dislocated shoulder all heald, and did they get a new bike, or her old one repaired, and as for the other Lad, did they get a result with having there front wheel, seat post and fram replaced, just asking if any one knows, not interested in the in and out of a CM ride ok .

I don't think anyone knows...

D

Deleted member 26715

Wonder if the guy at the beginning of the clip plays football, looked like a practised dive to me.

Alan...

RedRider

Pulling through
CM rides only serve to irritate people.

I get the point but riding like a pack of tards really does nothing apart from irritate people.
Rubbish.
Those motorists are irritated anyway. And CM doesn't just irritate motorists. Eg it's a joyful and confidence-building trip for many who take part.
I'm irritated by people who are irritated by CM but I guess I'll live with it.

sabian92

Über Member
Rubbish.
Those motorists are irritated anyway. And CM doesn't just irritate motorists. Eg it's a joyful and confidence-building trip for many who take part.
I'm irritated by people who are irritated by CM but I guess I'll live with it.

I'm irritated by it because what good does riding around deliberately slowly and holding up people do? Nothing. Nada.

Do you think it makes drivers think "Hey, may be we should give them room and be nice?" or do you think it makes them go "GET OUT OF MY FUGGIN WAY YOU BIKE RIDING HIPPIE TW@T".

I'm on here because obviously I like bikes but I would think less of somebody if I knew they were a CM proponent. It's a silly way of trying to win an already lost argument.

Want to make a difference? Smile at a driver. Let them out of a side street. Thank them for not MGIFing you. Don't ride around obnoxiously all "herp derp dis wil help ma cauze lol" because it doesn't.

I bat for both teams but I highly disagree with pride marches and all that - it makes us all look like camp queens who wear jock straps and have unprotected sex. Am I any of those? No. Okay, I don't use condoms but then I've been engaged to the same girl for over 2 years and I have no need to "just in case I give her something".

RedRider

Pulling through
I'm irritated by it because what good does riding around deliberately slowly and holding up people do? Nothing. Nada.
Yes, but what makes you think it's done for the benefit of motorists? I already mentioned a couple of positives.

Do you think it makes drivers think "Hey, may be we should give them room and be nice?" or do you think it makes them go "GET OUT OF MY FUGGIN WAY YOU BIKE RIDING HIPPIE TW@T".

I've been held up on a bus twice by Critical Mass (which is more often than I've been on it) and fellow passengers appeared amused if anything. The driver who thinks "GET OUT OF MY FUGGIN WAY YOU BIKE RIDING HIPPIE TW@T" is a prick and will always be a prick.

I'm on here because obviously I like bikes but I would think less of somebody if I knew they were a CM proponent. It's a silly way of trying to win an already lost argument.
Think of it as a show of force.

Want to make a difference? Smile at a driver. Let them out of a side street. Thank them for not MGIFing you. Don't ride around obnoxiously all "herp derp dis wil help ma cauze lol" because it doesn't.

I agree, but it takes all sorts.

I bat for both teams but I highly disagree with pride marches and all that - it makes us all look like camp queens who wear jock straps and have unprotected sex. Am I any of those? No. Okay, I don't use condoms but then I've been engaged to the same girl for over 2 years and I have no need to "just in case I give her something".

God, this quoting business is hard work after a while. Never again! Edit: I'm not sure how far it's comparable to pride marches but I reckon they're both in part about being confident.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26715

I've been held up on a bus twice by Critical Mass (which is more often than I've been on it) and fellow passengers appeared amused if anything. .
Please explain the mathematics of this please, if you have been held up twice but that is more times than you have been on a bus, does that mean you were held up on the same bus twice? Or the bus that you went on once was held up twice but only once when you was on it, but surely that wouldn't count, however if ii was how did you know that specific bus was held up by CM when you wasn't on it, are you stalking it, are you in love with the bus? Or are you actually part of CM but were too tired to do that full ride & used the bus to get you there? Can you take a bike on a bus? Or were you actually part of CM but were demonstrating on the bus on your bike therefore you are classing it as not being on the bus as you were part of CM apart from the time when you were on the bus being held up by CM. WOW your life is very complicated, I can understand why you need a release & join CM to ride slowly.

Alan...

RedRider

Pulling through
Please explain the mathematics of this please, if you have been held up twice but that is more times than you have been on a bus, does that mean you were held up on the same bus twice? Or the bus that you went on once was held up twice but only once when you was on it, but surely that wouldn't count, however if ii was how did you know that specific bus was held up by CM when you wasn't on it, are you stalking it, are you in love with the bus? Or are you actually part of CM but were too tired to do that full ride & used the bus to get you there? Can you take a bike on a bus? Or were you actually part of CM but were demonstrating on the bus on your bike therefore you are classing it as not being on the bus as you were part of CM apart from the time when you were on the bus being held up by CM. WOW your life is very complicated, I can understand why you need a release & join CM to ride slowly.

Alan...
I don't see what's so difficult to understand. I've been held up twice by Critical Mass whilst on a bus. I've been on Critical Mass once. It wasn't really my scene. I think people who think it's only effect is to wind up motorists and other commuters lack imagination. What's your point?

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I don't see what's so difficult to understand. I've been held up twice by Critical Mass whilst on a bus. I've been on Critical Mass once. It wasn't really my scene. I think people who think it's only effect is to wind up motorists and other commuters lack imagination. What's your point?
Trying to be funny by deliberately misunderstanding, I should think.

sabian92

Über Member
Yes, but what makes you think it's done for the benefit of motorists? I already mentioned a couple of positives. I've been held up on a bus twice by Critical Mass (which is more often than I've been on it) and fellow passengers appeared amused if anything. The driver who thinks "GET OUT OF MY FUGGIN WAY YOU BIKE RIDING HIPPIE TW@T" is a prick and will always be a prick.

I don't think it's for the benefit of anybody. It winds up cagers, makes cyclists look like disruptive arses who want to get in the way to try and prove a point. You've seen the article - people were getting run over. Would that have happened had they not been blocking the road and getting in the way? Possibly. Did hanging around like a bad fart and obstructing other people contribute to that? Definitely. I'm not suggesting that it excuses people running over others but you can't help but wonder. Like you said, pricks will be pricks but antagonising a prick will only backfire on you if they decide to hit you with their car. Bikes don't win against cars regardless if there's one or a million of them.

RedRider

Pulling through
I don't think it's for the benefit of anybody. It winds up cagers, makes cyclists look like disruptive arses who want to get in the way to try and prove a point. You've seen the article - people were getting run over. Would that have happened had they not been blocking the road and getting in the way? Possibly. Did hanging around like a bad fart and obstructing other people contribute to that? Definitely. I'm not suggesting that it excuses people running over others but you can't help but wonder. Like you said, pricks will be pricks but antagonising a prick will only backfire on you if they decide to hit you with their car. Bikes don't win against cars regardless if there's one or a million of them.
I see what you're saying but it's a very one-eyed view and it's close to victim blaming.

sabian92

Über Member
...and if she wasn't wearing a short skirt ... :rolleyes:

You can't compare a girl walking home in a short skirt then being raped to this. Not even close. Not all girls who are raped and not all rape victims are girls either. Don't be ridiculous.

I see what you're saying but it's a very one-eyed view and it's close to victim blaming.

I'm not blaming them at all - everybody has the right to stand up for what they believe in and that's fine, I just think that the message CM rides promotes (or tries to) could be better put across than bringing a capital city that's already bad enough traffic wise to a halt.

Top Bottom