Hit by a pedestrian!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlueBird

Sorry but I need to voice my frustrations!!!! I just nearly died due to a pedestrian! She was fine but I ended up flying off my bike. If it wasnt for my helmet I would have probably died. Luckily I only got away with stitches and an injured knee. Why dont pedestrians respect cyclists!? Why do they just walk around the cycling lanes totally ignoring incoming traffic. The thing is she wasnt even in my line she just saw me suddenly and ran infront of the bike!!!! Whats the point of these bicycle superhighways of pedestrians just continue to walk around oblivious to the world around them.

Drago

Legendary Member
:popcorn:

winjim

Smash the cistern
I believe the shock reflex can account for a touch of hyperbole.

Welcome to the forum @BlueBird . Sorry to hear about your incident and glad to hear that you are by and large OK. You will no doubt be about to encounter some robust opinions about helmet use and pedestrian priority so maybe make yourself a cup of tea, take a few deep breaths and have a bit of a think about what happened, how you have written about it, and what you are looking for from this thread. It's good to get a rant off your chest, but bear in mind that the reaction to it is unlikely to be entirely uncritical.

vickster

Legendary Member
Was she ok though?

You might want to consider some third party indemnity insurance if riding in busy (central London?) areas. London Cycling campaign offer for a tenner

Also get a loud bell and be prepared to shout

Remember as a cyclist you need to consider more vulnerable road users, ie peds. Just like motorbikes, cars, trucks, buses etc (are meant to) consider pedal cyclists in shared places (the road)

Last edited:

Julia9054

Guru
People are unpredictable. Hope you feel better soon and that she is ok too.
I was cycling home from work about 6 months ago along a road where the pavement is edged by trees when, completely without warning, a bloke on crutches swung into my path from behind a tree. I screeched to a halt with inches to spare. When we both stopped screaming, we burst out laughing at the sheer ridiculousness of what nearly happened.
I wonder how he broke his leg in the first place!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Sorry but I need to voice my frustrations!!!! I just nearly died due to a cyclist! She was fine but I ended up flying off my motorbike. If it wasnt for my helmet I would have probably died. Luckily I only got away with stitches and an injured knee. Why dont cyclists respect motorbikers!? Why do they just ride around the carriageway lanes totally ignoring incoming traffic. The thing is she wasnt even in my line she just saw me suddenly and rode infront of the motorbike!!!! Whats the point of these A roads if cyclists just continue to ride around oblivious to the world around them.

Top Bottom