Hit by a pedestrian!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ADarkDraconis

Cardinal Member
Cycling through rural Norfolk one night and I almost got knocked off by a werewolf.
That happens every time I ride to Trader Vick's, somehow its hair is always still perfect...

ADarkDraconis

Cardinal Member
Sorry but I need to voice my frustrations!!!! I just nearly died due to a pigeon! It was fine but I ended up ducking quite vehemently. If it wasnt for my bobble hat I would have probably died. Luckily I only got away with stitches and an injured knee. Why dont pigeons respect pedestrians!? Why do they just fly around the carriageway lanes totally ignoring incoming traffic. The thing is it wasnt even in my line it just saw me suddenly and flew infront of my foot!!!! Whats the point of these footways if pigeons just continue to fly around oblivious to the world around them.
My brother, a grown man, was attacked by a Canadian goose last spring! It ran at him, knocked him off his bike, and proceeded to beat him with its wings and bite him as he tried to get back up and run/remount the bike. He was heading to work and his route took him down along a canal and it must've had a nest nearby it was guarding or something. He was covered in bruises and is now terrified of geese!

al78

Guru
Sorry but I need to voice my frustrations!!!! I just nearly died due to a pigeon! It was fine but I ended up ducking quite vehemently. If it wasnt for my bobble hat I would have probably died. Luckily I only got away with stitches and an injured knee. Why dont pigeons respect pedestrians!? Why do they just fly around the carriageway lanes totally ignoring incoming traffic. The thing is it wasnt even in my line it just saw me suddenly and flew infront of my foot!!!! Whats the point of these footways if pigeons just continue to fly around oblivious to the world around them.

What an utterly stupid analogy. Do people have the same intelligence as pigeons (actually some of them probably do, at least it is a lot easier to avoid a pedestrian than a pigeon).

Jesus Christ, I've seen some dumb attempts to try and justify carelessness by the poor-wee-vulnerable-road user-I'm-so-precious-everyone-else-should-look-out-for-me-whilst-I-take-no-personal-responsibility-whatsoever-because-it-it-too-much-trouble-to-THINK-about-other-people, but this is one of the worst I've seen.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I neve wore a helmet up until two weeks ago. I'm really thankful that I did. A helmet doesn't help in every situation. But in this case since I landed on my knee...

This may help...

76ABAD2B-B140-4B91-809D-4375A0247A6F.jpeg

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
What an utterly stupid analogy. Do people have the same intelligence as pigeons (actually some of them probably do, at least it is a lot easier to avoid a pedestrian than a pigeon).

Jesus Christ, I've seen some dumb attempts to try and justify carelessness by the poor-wee-vulnerable-road user-I'm-so-precious-everyone-else-should-look-out-for-me-whilst-I-take-no-personal-responsibility-whatsoever-because-it-it-too-much-trouble-to-THINK-about-other-people, but this is one of the worst I've seen.
Sense of humour on a day off today?

Shortandcrisp

Über Member
Summer holiday job working on a poultry farm. Knocked head first into chicken sh*t by a bast*rd cockerel that slammed into me from behind. Neither here nor there I hear you say, but just something I felt the need to share.

Top Bottom