Hit by a pedestrian!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maenchi

StoneDog
a few years ago a chap ran quickly to cross the other side of the road and when on my side he just stopped running and began walking I did't expect this I shouted 'keep running' he didn't I crashed into him we both fell on the road, he said I was riding too fast...........uh ? no serious damage was done, I guess he just didn't see me because he didn't look..............:cuppa: oh well......

Drago

Legendary Member
Cycling through rural Norfolk one night and I almost got knocked off by a werewolf.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Ok. One more whilst commuting in London outside Lords Cricket Ground.

Elderly couple standing on pavement.
Chap runs safely accross to the other side.
Yells over to his wife, “COME ON!!!”
Obediently she steps out into the road right in front of me.
Slam on brakes and fly over the handlebars, landing at her feet.
Starts rowing with her husband.
Steps over me to join her husband.
Something in life passes me by. Again.

Dan B

Disengaged member
I once had to veer dramatically to avoid a stumbling roller blader.
Got a stick caught in the spokes and was sent flying. The roller blader never even stopped.
Many many times while roller blading (technically, "inline skating") I've had to swerve to avoid drunk pedestrians

Fortunately the wheels on skates are too small to get sticks through them

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member
Never had a collision with a pedestrian luckily, glad she is alright and your not seriously injured. Had an off years back on the A19 when someone travelling to work in her car was just passing me and hit a dog that had escaped from a garden. The poor thing was killed instantly it's a national speed limit road and when it went over the roof of the car landed perfectly in front of my front wheel. Needless to say I was straight over the handle bars but came away unscathed. The lady pulled up and checked up on me then went back to see the dog, turned out the dog was a great dane the lady thought at 1st she'd hit a deer!

Julia9054

Guru
Never had a collision with a pedestrian luckily, glad she is alright and your not seriously injured. Had an off years back on the A19 when someone travelling to work in her car was just passing me and hit a dog that had escaped from a garden. The poor thing was killed instantly it's a national speed limit road and when it went over the roof of the car landed perfectly in front of my front wheel. Needless to say I was straight over the handle bars but came away unscathed. The lady pulled up and checked up on me then went back to see the dog, turned out the dog was a great dane the lady thought at 1st she'd hit a deer!
That sounds terrifying.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Sorry but I need to voice my frustrations!!!! I just nearly died due to a cyclist! She was fine but I ended up flying off my motorbike. If it wasnt for my helmet I would have probably died. Luckily I only got away with stitches and an injured knee. Why dont cyclists respect motorbikers!? Why do they just ride around the carriageway lanes totally ignoring incoming traffic. The thing is she wasnt even in my line she just saw me suddenly and rode infront of the motorbike!!!! Whats the point of these A roads if cyclists just continue to ride around oblivious to the world around them.

OK, I will bite. Does the cyclist have priority over the motorcyclist in your mythical situation?

postman

Legendary Member
Have you ever been to Dover.No well please don't go.

Vera has had a premonition .

View: https://youtu.be/Hqtaoz4QFX8

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Welcome @BlueBird!
Hope all is well now, glad the bike is ok.
On shared paths it's tricky with dogs, kids, joggers plus keeping an eye for other cyclists on blind bends on the wrong side of the path.
Once I had two joggers going at a fair pace in front, was ready to speed up to overtake, did a shoulder check: they stopped abruptly in front of me!
No looking behind or nothing, just as well I'm slow and have good brakes, they never realized I could have hit one of them.
Only once I had an off on a shared path: a dog run into me, my mistake, should have come to a standstill earlier.

Drago

Legendary Member
I was out for a blast on my road bike the other day, and...

GrimReaperNV610-081.jpg

Helenbells

Welcome.

Years ago I had a slapstick moment going down Oxford street. Maybe 10+ years ago when TFL still ran the Roadster buses (open back corner with pole and conductor) where you could jump on and off whilst still in motion.

Still with me?

Anyway: I was whizzing alongside a bus on my bike, and one of the passengers ‘alighted’ from the moving bus, flattening me in an instant. We had a quiet moment together in our tangled heap, just staring at each other, whilst she just sat on top of me. Then she just got up and left.

Story of my life.

Isn't it Valentine’s Day this week?

It was '78. Same scenario happened to me in Oxford Street. Only I saw her come at me, backwards. I hopped off my bike, backwards and I landed bum first into an open litter bin with such force that it took two passers by to haul me out!:cycle:

Top Bottom