Holiday plans. Do you have any?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
oh yes Calan Bosch again could be our fifth time.We rent a small Villa,we are also treating our lad his girlfriend and our daughter.We expect them to pay for two of the evening meals in our favourite restaurant EL PATO.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
And hired an ebike, which I totally failed to ride up to the Covadonga lakes. It's a long, steep climb, far harder than I realised...

Did it run out of battery? I know its a decent climb but its not that long like a Mount Teide or something

Gunk

Guru
Just booked a week in Annecy in the French Alps, we don’t fancy flying so we’re going to drive down and stop overnight both legs. First decent holiday that we’ve planned since before Covid. There is a fantastic cycle trail there so we will hire bikes.

B582FDD6-AC6E-4B44-BB3A-393F0A9F13FA.jpeg

Alex321

Veteran
Just booked a week in Annecy in the French Alps, we don’t fancy flying so we’re going to drive down and stop overnight both legs. First decent holiday that we’ve planned since before Covid. There is a fantastic cycle trail there so we will hire bikes.

View attachment 652291

We went there on a family caravan trip a few years ago (quite a few!). I took my bike with me, and had a few enjoyable rides, but couldn't get away on it as much as I would have liked, as my wife has never been a bike rider, and the kids weren't too interested on that trip, and were still a bit young for decent rides anyhow.

I did manage one afternoon ride circuit around the lake.

Gwylan

Veteran
Yes! Go on them.

Doing that just now.
Camper, bikes and Yorkshire.
Took on the Cols de Halifax today.

Really don't like cyclists in Yorkshire. Well it seems that way to me.

Can retired people claim to be on holiday?

gbb

Legendary Member
in grandchildren speak, one more Sunday dinner and you go home as usual, then the next Sunday dinner, you dont go home and sleep here, then we go on holiday the next day.
Its their (8 and 6 yo) first proper holiday.
Mum n dad can't really afford it so we're taking them.
Weymouth beckons, just a week in a static on a Haven site.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
in grandchildren speak, one more Sunday dinner and you go home as usual, then the next Sunday dinner, you dont go home and sleep here, then we go on holiday the next day.
Its their (8 and 6 yo) first proper holiday.
Mum n dad can't really afford it so we're taking them.
Weymouth beckons, just a week in a static on a Haven site.

Nowt wrong with a static for a holiday.

Reactions: gbb

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
on countdown now for a week in Scratby in a maisonette aka mini house which is cheaper than a caravan for some reason , already looking at next years hols because if we dont start booking soon things will be snapped up,Cant believe how much prices have gone up ! We like static van holidays too and try to get a holiday close to the beach .

Alex321

Veteran
on countdown now for a week in Scratby in a maisonette aka mini house which is cheaper than a caravan for some reason , already looking at next years hols because if we dont start booking soon things will be snapped up,Cant believe how much prices have gone up ! We like static van holidays too and try to get a holiday close to the beach .

People are still very wary about going abroad, both because of possibly needing tests before being allowed in to destination, and because of airport delays, so UK holidays are much more in demand than usual I think.

Chislenko

Veteran
People are still very wary about going abroad, both because of possibly needing tests before being allowed in to destination, and because of airport delays, so UK holidays are much more in demand than usual I think.

Yes I think you are correct. I need to go to Portugal for a couple / three days but really can't be ar--d with all the mither of airports at both ends / flight cancellations etc.

Top Bottom