Holiday plans. Do you have any?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Booking a week running up to Easter. Backpacking, van camping with bikes and boots or cycle touring. Isle of Arran and area. 9 yo and dog in newly bought trailer if cycling roads.

Can't decide which. Bought tickets for van in case but can change to just foot passenger or bike passenger if we decide soon enough but can't go the other way. Any suggestions?

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Just back from Spain, 4 days riding 1 day walking as the wind really blew, a bit of a sandstorm, but the days we did ride were great shorts and lots of nice scenery.
1647509704909.png
1647509833293.png
https://www.strava.com/activities/6813656258

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Still nothing overseas planned.

What's the score now if you catch covid just before flying ? Is it OK to go infected now ? I'm seeing enough folk randomly catching the bug to see it could be a risk to a holiday at present.

vickster

Legendary Member
Still nothing overseas planned.

What's the score now if you catch covid just before flying ? Is it OK to go infected now ? I'm seeing enough folk randomly catching the bug to see it could be a risk to a holiday at present.
Unlikely you wouldn’t be allowed to travel. Get insurance that covers Covid.
Many countries still need pre-departure negative PCR test at mo (not Europe afaik though if fully vaxed)
Check by country here
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-abroad-from-england-during-coronavirus-covid-19

fossyant

Unlikely you wouldn’t be allowed to travel. Get insurance that covers Covid.
Many countries still need pre-departure negative PCR test at mo (not Europe afaik though if fully vaxed)
Check by country here
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-abroad-from-england-during-coronavirus-covid-19

Daughter's off to Norway in the summer, so we can hopefully ensure she's 'free from bugs' before travel.

Personally, I'll be leaving international travel for a while - just don't go on holiday to 'worry' about possible no-fly (having had two holiday's ruined by 'events' - one being my child's chicken pox and volcanic ash). Past event's have tainted my opinion.

vickster

Legendary Member
For me, life’s too short to put stuff off due to what ifs.
I’ll just try to avoid catching it again before going away

fossyant

I'm off to Wales a lot this year :laugh:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Not long back from a great break in the Picos de Europa, northern Spain.
I got my Brompton higher than it's ever been before (well, other than the time it flew to NZ)
Brommie at pass.jpg

And hired an ebike, which I totally failed to ride up to the Covadonga lakes. It's a long, steep climb, far harder than I realised...

ebike.jpg

Probably going to Normandy in September :biggrin:

Last edited:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Girona in a couple of weeks , Belgium in September, Lanzarote for Christmas, be our first Christmas in the sun, Probably a few weekends in Norfolk.

Top Bottom