Holiday plans. Do you have any?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Well we got itchy fingers and booked 11 nights in Turkey.
I haven’t been abroad since 2019 so we have something to look forward to.
Hope it works for you. The exchange rates should be really good given the mess the Lira is/ was in. Turkey is fairly good value for money anyway, right now it should be even better.

Chislenko

Veteran
Looks as if quite a number of countries now going with the "Live With It" attitude towards Covid and relaxing test requirements for "The Jabbed" so hopefully travel to become somewhat easier in the coming months.

We are on the Ferry last day of March to Portugal via Spain and Portugal have yesterday dropped the mandatory test to enter. (As I think a lot of Schengen countries have)

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
A lot of stuff in the news this morning telling people to check their passport validity dates. I'm not sure if this is genuine concern about people who have failed to notice the consequences of the UK leaving the EU, or a marketing campaign by the holiday companies to make people think of booking for this summer.

Julia9054

Guru
It’s not just passports that can run out.
I’ve been reading up on covid requirements for various European countries. You need to have had your last covid vaccination within 180 days of travel for several countries. Lots of people in the UK had their boosters before Christmas - more than 180 days if you are looking to book a summer holiday.

vickster

Legendary Member
It’s not just passports that can run out.
I’ve been reading up on covid requirements for various European countries. You need to have had your last covid vaccination within 180 days of travel for several countries. Lots of people in the UK had their boosters before Christmas - more than 180 days if you are looking to book a summer holiday.
Isn’t a negative test an alternative?

i‘ve got two holidays booked, Croatia in May, Kenya in December, there’ll be one more for my big birthday (likely Sicily in September)

Chislenko

Veteran
Isn’t a negative test an alternative?

i‘ve got two holidays booked, Croatia in May, Kenya in December, there’ll be one more for my big birthday (likely Sicily in September)

I suppose unless we all continually have a booster every six months they will have to look at that requirement again. If we don't continue with boosters sooner or later we are all past six months and nobody would be able to travel.

As I said earlier I think most countries are of the mindset "To Live With Covid" as for a lot of the popular destinations tourism is a major driver of the economy.

Did Sicily a few years back, stayed in Taormina, if you are going to go up Etna take warm clothes as it was lovely at the bottom but blowing a gale and freezing at the top!

postman

Legendary Member
Sandstell Point near Berwick on Tweed,airbnb.Then a family week away just booked it last week Calan Bosch Menorca,been three times before.Its nice and quiet,and has a superb gluten free restaurant on the marina for our lad.

Chislenko

Veteran
I should have been landing at Faro this morning but cancelled and got my money back last month. A couple of weeks later Portugal did away with any entry test requirements and we have a week of wind and rain in Britain to look forward to!!!

Looks like I made the wrong decision 😟

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not bothering until at least next year - just can't be bothered with the hassle.

Roseland triker

Cheese ..... It's all about the cheese
Not bothering until at least next year - just can't be bothered with the hassle.
Same here.
We are hoping tho that people go abroad this year because apparently it's not a luxary to visit Cornwall anymore judging by the way the holiday population behaved last year. :cursing:
We want the kind old people here again not the benidorm junkies on spray tan fumes......:boxing:

13 rider

Guru
Same here.
We are hoping tho that people go abroad this year because apparently it's not a luxary to visit Cornwall anymore judging by the way the holiday population behaved last year. :cursing:
We want the kind old people here again not the benidorm junkies on spray tan fumes......:boxing:
See you in July I will let you guess in which category I fall in

Same here.
I thought spray tanned benidorm junkies were the only types of people who went to Newquay. It's a chav paradise in the summer.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
We've decided on a couple of holiday's this year, travelling rather than being in the UK;

April - 5 days away, probably in the Canaries.
August - son no. 2 has a UCI 2.1 race in France mid-August, so we'll travel for two weeks beforehand to a site in the Vendee we've used before and know is well run. He can spend the two weeks training. Anyone want to be a pace partner? :whistle:

Top Bottom