Holiday plans. Do you have any?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
Some of our best holiday memories were in a tent or very small caravan which had no running water.
As we got older then comfort/luxury became more important but those good memories remain.

Some of my most miserable holidays have been stuck in a French campsite in a tiny trailer tent in the pissing rain with my three brothers with nothing to do apart from bloody board games.

These days we always stay in a decent apartment or cottage with decent Wi-Fi and of course a dishwasher!

Gwylan

Veteran
The reality of my holiday plans. The bike is on the back of the van. Needs to be under cover given the violence of the rain. Lots of cleaning, drying and gentle oiling when things clear up.

IMG_20220723_103235326_HDR.jpg

Sallar55

Veteran
Holiday plans, 1st night and last night everything between is let's see what's going to happen. Not one for organised tours or set plans. Today the sense of adventure is long gone as you have the Internet and phone. Rolling into a town in the late afternoon or evening having a beer or coffee in a bar and searching for accommodation on the phone is the norm for us. That way usually works.

gbb

Legendary Member
looking at holidays next year ...:whistle:
My eldest son, wife and three kids want to make their first foray abroad next year, we will probably go with them, ease them through the process .
Oooff, its looking very expensive. Right now, driving across France and doing a tenting camp holiday is the only reasonably priced option.
Just early /opening searches, nothing concrete.

Gunk

Guru
F744C3A0-3C74-4E61-84C0-074FB5324907.jpeg

gbb

Legendary Member
Just a bit of info re Turkey.
Former colleagues family, long term regular visitors to Olu Deniz area just came back a while ago and were surprised by the cost of eating out particularly. Given the recent weakness of the Turkish Lira you'd have thought it got you hood buying power...apparently not in their case.

Chislenko

Veteran
Having a week in Westport, ROI, week after next, never been there but looks a nice relaxing place. Although I expect the October weather on the west coast of Ireland may require us to wrap up well!

vickster

Legendary Member
Currently on the road a few days wandering Europe.
Rehearsal for our 89 days next year.

Anyone understand that rule?

Pop into Switzerland, Norway, Bosnia for a day or two to reset the 90 days if it works like that?

Top Bottom