Hope Vision 1 - Winter will soon be with us

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
hope vision 1 is a fantastic light for the price, but use the right type of batteries.

personally im happy with just the one light.

here's a video i made to show how the clamp works and there are some pics of the light settings at the end...

click

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Just bought a Hope 1 today weirdly. Been after one for ages. No major reason other than bikegear lust. I already have an Exposure Race which is fantastic. Good battery life on the Exposure

Tinuts

Wham Bam Helmet Cam
rolleyes.gif
It's not hard to find

Hope Vision 1 @ £66.98

Yes, I bought my Vision 4 from this lot. They billed my credit card immediately and then informed me the lights were out of stock (which involved a delay of several weeks before I got the unit) so do check first!

Regarding the Vision 4, it's a great light but I did have to send it back as the switch started behaving oddly. Hope replaced it immediately. It's my experience of Hope that they do provide great customer service - something worth considering.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
If you do go for rechargeable AA's, go for decent ones... I'm very much liking their own branded alternatives too. (EDIT: Sorry, meant to say the 7 day shops branded alternatives. Highly recommended supplier BTW)
The thing with those batteries is that they don't lose their charge like a conventional rechargeable does. They also have a high power rating and can cope with the drain from the hopes (also excellent for digital cam's, satnav's etc)

Good link ta - been looking for a recommended battery + charger. Keen prices too!

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Good link ta - been looking for a recommended battery + charger. Keen prices too!

No problem, they are very good prices.
I haven't had their chargers for long enough to comment on them, and all they've done is charged batteries for cameras and the sat nav, but no problems so far.
That's reminded me actually, must order some more myself!

bauldbairn

No problem, they are very good prices.

Good link cheers!

Doesn't the Hope Vision 1 take at least 2850 mAh batteries?

I've been looking at the Hope 1 for a while but with the MagicShine forcing the price of some of the other lights down - I can't help considering this; http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=41025

The Hope comes in at £76 on CRC with batteries +£15 and charger +£10/£15 it makes it approx £105 and the NukeProof is now £110. Anyone got any views on the NukeProof "Reactor" which looks like a very nice light too?

:wacko:

Cubist

Still wavin'
I have a couple of these:
http://www.lumilite.co.uk/

very similar to magicshines, and from a british seller. Suffered charger/battery life issues at first, but the guy sorted them pretty quickly. 900 lumens is an outrageous claim imho, but they are f-bright and the proper batteries last about two hours.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Good link cheers!

Doesn't the Hope Vision 1 take at least 2850 mAh batteries?

I've been looking at the Hope 1 for a while but with the MagicShine forcing the price of some of the other lights down - I can't help considering this; http://www.chainreac...x?ModelID=41025

The Hope comes in at £76 on CRC with batteries +£15 and charger +£10/£15 it makes it approx £105 and the NukeProof is now £110. Anyone got any views on the NukeProof "Reactor" which looks like a very nice light too?

:wacko:

Sorry, I can't help with your second query but the Hope is certainly Ok on the 2100maH batteries. I used to run them on theVapex 2900 maH which are amazingly long-lasting but it's a pain having to keep the charge topped up when they're not in use. I prefer the convenience of the eneloop/7 day shop branded ones despite the slight decrease in battery life.
It's still more than good enough though, certainly a couple of Hours at least on full power and for commuting, you don't need (or probably want) full power anyway.
What the Hopes really don't like are those little cheapy things, 1200maH or so that are only intended for remote controle etc, they don't last very long at all!

EDIT: Also, to add, if you get the Hope 1 for ~£67.00 as per Ianruk's link, you can get a charger for <£10.00 and two packs of 2100maH batteries for < £8.00 from 7 Day Shop so you can set yourself up with the light, charger and two sets of battereis for ~ £85.00. Bargain!

BSRU

A Human Being
I have a couple of these:
http://www.lumilite.co.uk/

very similar to magicshines, and from a british seller. Suffered charger/battery life issues at first, but the guy sorted them pretty quickly. 900 lumens is an outrageous claim imho, but they are f-bright and the proper batteries last about two hours.

Magicshine have a UK sales operation as well.
It looks like the same light, even the description is the same.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
On batteries, I'd recommend hybrids on all AAA or AA powered lights, especially in summer - i.e. long 'no use time charge hold'.. Never had any run issues with the Hope 1 lights, and if you run a 'rotating battery' system with Hope 1's you'll be fine - I run 2 x Hope 1's with 3 sets of batteries, charge and swap over once a week - twice if conditions have been bad and I need to run any more over the second setting.

You all need to think is what best suits your commute best - i.e. quick on/off, batteries/ chargers etc - they don't all fit one person. We all have a different opinion/requirements... One main point is don't buy the overpriced low power 'main manufacturer' stuff...........

bauldbairn

Sorry, I can't help with your second query but the Hope is certainly Ok on the 2100maH batteries. I used to run them on theVapex 2900 maH which are amazingly long-lasting but it's a pain having to keep the charge topped up when they're not in use. I prefer the convenience of the eneloop/7 day shop branded ones despite the slight decrease in battery life.
It's still more than good enough though, certainly a couple of Hours at least on full power and for commuting, you don't need (or probably want) full power anyway.
What the Hopes really don't like are those little cheapy things, 1200maH or so that are only intended for remote controle etc, they don't last very long at all!

EDIT: Also, to add, if you get the Hope 1 for ~£67.00 as per Ianruk's link, you can get a charger for <£10.00 and two packs of 2100maH batteries for < £8.00 from 7 Day Shop so you can set yourself up with the light, charger and two sets of battereis for ~ £85.00. Bargain!

Thanks for the reply - I do like the Hope 1 but I'm not familiar with the use of rechargeable batteries so had to ask. :smile:

Top Bottom