Hour Record (may contain spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well, I made the effort to get up early to watch this and ... it is just watching him ride round and round! No commentary most of the time, no indication of speed, nor of how he is doing relative to his schedule. Blimey, if I were not a cycling fan, I would shut the tablet down and grab another hour of sleep! :blink:

ColinJ

Commentary!

And now a clock!

How about a decent mix of the music and the crowd noise so we can sense the atmosphere?

And a permanent graphic showing average speed and the current record?

Rasmus

Without a clever title
No good! Twitter says 51.3 km

So, about two laps short. Not exactly "incredibly close". Maybe someone on the production team should have had a look at the lap board in the last 5 minutes?

Last edited:

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Lap time stats from @inrng

B8quFB_CEAAwCb3.png

rich p

ridiculous old lush
1. Matthias Brändle - 51.852km
2. Jack Bobridge - 51,3km
3. Jens Voigt - 51.1km

It makes Voigt's time look less shabby than we thought

Rasmus

Without a clever title
To my relatively uneducated eye, that suggests that he went too hard at the start and paid for it later? :whistle:
Possibly, yes. It would be interesting to see a similar chart for Voigt and Brandle's efforts. Also noticeable that he made several large increases in speed which he could not sustain.

ColinJ

Yep, looks like 'consistency is king', and if you can't be consistent, then start off conservatively and slowly speed up as the hour progresses.

If the pundits are right about Wiggins, then he will hold Bobridge's starting speed for most of the hour!

PaddyMcc

Über Member
Wow, I tried to watch it but the lack of commentary and graphics put me off. I wish it hadn't now as looking at the stats I think this was a brave attempt and underlines how hard this epic trial actually is. Good on ya fella, great attempt :bravo::becool:

Top Bottom