How can you make the world a better place ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

12boy

Guru
I'd like a world where...
Character and values matter more than affluence and appearance
Everyone could have a good job, a safe place to live and feel they matter
Education was more important than sports
People owned fewer things but the things they do own were made to last
Per Haile Selassie " the color of a man's skin is of no more importance than the color of his eyes" (or his religion)
People took personal responsibility for the ecological health of the planet.
P.S. the thing about too many possessions does not apply to my bicycles.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
This is it. Too much useless consumer tat made from plastics ans rare earth metals.

Funnily enough, my dishwasher also packed up. In a way the device is a pain as by the time it was full enough to justify switching it on I'd long since run out of crockery. It now gets used to store pots and pans that take up too much room in the cupboards.
When ours packed up, I was quite happy not to have another one as there are only two of us and washing dishes doesn't bother me. My wife thought differently so she bought one and paid for it herself.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
When I start fantasising about the 'good old days', I know it will be time to move to a care home.

But, yeah, some good advice above.
That's where I am in the old days - you did wrong you got a bollocking - you knew what you were doing and did it - nowadays an email just lands in box asking you to clear up a load of shite than someone forgot or couldn't be bothered to do...

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
This is it. Too much useless consumer tat made from plastics ans rare earth metals.

Funnily enough, my dishwasher also packed up. In a way the device is a pain as by the time it was full enough to justify switching it on I'd long since run out of crockery. It now gets used to store pots and pans that take up too much room in the cupboards.

This could be a new variant on
"I haven't got a telly"

I haven't got (nor do I wish for) a dishwasher :okay:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Ban my mum from frying sausages, burning them and having the Fire Brigade called out automatically by the linked smoke alarm in her Social Housing bungalow. Three times in the last two months! They are supposed to be fitting a heat detector instead but wheels move slowly in the admin team...

Chris S

Legendary Member
I'd like a world where...
Character and values matter more than affluence and appearance
Everyone could have a good job, a safe place to live and feel they matter
Education was more important than sports
People owned fewer things but the things they do own were made to last
Per Haile Selassie " the color of a man's skin is of no more importance than the color of his eyes" (or his religion)
People took personal responsibility for the ecological health of the planet.
P.S. the thing about too many possessions does not apply to my bicycles.
Are you a Miss World contestant?

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
🎵I'd like to build the world a home
And furnish it with love
Grow apple trees and honey bees
And snow white turtle doves

blah blah blah de di blah🎶

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I, for one, don't want to be a human being in my next life, I want to be an animal but don't know which one yet, maybe a bird.
Birds are dying out!

I gave my fully functional dishwasher away because I never used it and I wanted to put my washing machine where it had been standing.

The woman that I gave it to offered to give me a tattoo in exchange, but I declined on the grounds that the world is a better place without any tattooed ColinJ's in it! :laugh:

Mrs M

Guru
Be kind to yourself and others.
Be mindful, appreciate and enjoy the free and simple things in life.
Get a pet
You only live once, go for it
xx

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo
Reduce animal suffering and environmental damage by eating less meat and dairy (or none at all!). It's not as hard as it might seem, everyone thinks things like "I could never give up cheese"- until they do.

I know it's a subject that can be touchy for people so I'll refrain from posting a load of persuasion here- but if anyone is curious about trying to make this positive change feel free to message me

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Reduce animal suffering and environmental damage by eating less meat and dairy (or none at all!). It's not as hard as it might seem, everyone thinks things like "I could never give up cheese"- until they do.

I know it's a subject that can be touchy for people so I'll refrain from posting a load of persuasion here- but if anyone is curious about trying to make this positive change feel free to message me

It depends.

Grazing herbivores on well managed pasture sequesters carbon, builds soil, and encourages diverse ecology.

Intensive arable crops don't do this.

Animals are a vital part of most mixed farming systems.

Eat less meat and milk, yes, but of better quality, not factory farmed.

Avoid the products of industrialised agriculture, of all sorts, to make the world a better place

Message me for further details if you like :okay:

Top Bottom