How did you get your user name

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blue

Legendary Member
I was feeling depressed the day I registered. I just joined the forum because I thought talking to people with a common interest would help to cheer me up and feel less blue.

I strayed into soapbox and dam near went suicidal :wacko:

Mortiroloboy

Aperitif said:
I remember the aches and C- wants...the nose pressed against the window looking at the Willier...the angst... "Oh boll****, I'm having it and that's that!" ;)

I know, I know and didn't I go on about it;) but I am sooooo happy with the bike, rides like a dream etc etc, never fails to get admiring comments, which is nice.:blush:

came from the daughters dog, see avatar, black and white and always wagging it's tail. 91 is how old i feel when i've been out on fixed with the rest of the club on gears:smile:

Aint Skeered

I got mine from a bumper sticker on a Peterbilt truck, when I was in Florida a few years ago.
Don't know why I chose it really, as I do get a bit scared, from time to time!

barq

'barq' comes from Barquentine who is a character in Mervyn Peake's 'Gormenghast' trilogy. Although 'barq' is pronounced like 'bark' I'm a cat person not a dog person. ;)

The longer reason: I used to run an old-school dial-up bulletin board called 'Castle Gormenghast' (on 2400 baud modem!). Then there was another computer attached to it which needed a name, so that was Barquentine. Later it got moved to a different network and got shortened to Barq, people on the network started calling me 'barq'... so there you have it.

Sorry, missed this thread until today, been busy. I knew quite a lot of the reasons behind people's names, but many were new to me. It's always interesting however trivial or esoteric the reason.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Speicher is German for computer memory. It reflects my German heritage, and is not gender-specific.

N B - Interestingly (or not) ;) Speicha - which some peeps "shorten" it to, comes up as "crucial memory upgrade". :angry:

barq said:
'barq' comes from Barquentine who is a character in Mervyn Peake's 'Gormenghast' trilogy. Although 'barq' is pronounced like 'bark' I'm a cat person not a dog person. :blush:

The longer reason: I used to run an old-school dial-up bulletin board called 'Castle Gormenghast' (on 2400 baud modem!). Then there was another computer attached to it which needed a name, so that was Barquentine. Later it got moved to a different network and got shortened to Barq, people on the network started calling me 'barq'... so there you have it.

Sorry, missed this thread until today, been busy. I knew quite a lot of the reasons behind people's names, but many were new to me. It's always interesting however trivial or esoteric the reason.

This is a nice post barq; 10/10 :smile:

wafflycat

WafflycatonSierraroof.jpg

The real Wafflycat.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
The reason for mine becomes immediately apparent if you follow me along a road which deviates even ever-so-slightly from completely flat :blush:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Mine...my old nick name as a kid cos of my surname aka. "fossy the bear" from the muppets and of course my first name....chuffin boring........ but who cares....

Although 'Marrigold' might have been funnier - my old nick name from a club mate as my bikes were always so clean - check out my Herety on the photo side of the forum - 16 plus years old that baby.... I need help.......!

mine comes from what my partner calls me Skinny man and the 09 is the day I was born and the 03 is the month I was born, clever isn't it NOT !!!

Top Bottom