How did you get your user name

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
When I signed up to the C+ forum I was re-reading parts of "The Unquiet Grave" by Cyril Connolly, written under the pseudonym Palinurus (Palinurus, in roman mythology, was the helmsman of the Aeneas). For want of anything else I used it. Don't like it so much but I post elsewhere with it so it isn't going to change.

Called Robert and scottish. Therefore naturally shortened to RAB

I couldn't think of anything when registering for C+, hence just plumped for the name

CotterPin

Mine reminds me of many a "happy" hour spent as a kid in a freezing cold garage trying to remove said cotterpin that had always got themselves stuck fast into the crank.

The activity invariably involved screwdrivers, hammers and damaged thumbs. :eek:

On C+ I was notanotherusername because I never like using the same username and inspiration fled the day I registered.

SamNichols

palinurus said:
When I signed up to the C+ forum I was re-reading parts of "The Unquiet Grave" by Cyril Connolly, written under the pseudonym Palinurus (Palinurus, in roman mythology, was the helmsman of the Aeneas). For want of anything else I used it. Don't like it so much but I post elsewhere with it so it isn't going to change.

OT: The Aeneas wasn't a boat, Aeneas was the hero of the Aeneid, and supposed founder of Rome. His boat has no name, I believe. The Aeneid is a surprisingly good read by the way, although I enjoyed it slightly more in a prose translation than the poem.

yenrod

Aperitif said:
Ah - excellent Lee - you can stay! (It is probs. the Manuka honey) :tongue: :tongue:
When you are next in London - come and try some (51 - not hunny :biggrin:)

Yeah I'll give you a shout if I'm down that way... ;)

Will1985

Über Member
Will is my given name, and 1985 is the year of my birth.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
My come from a comment made about me when I arrived at Raleigh, Oh no not another Hairy Jock (or words to the effect). Went for a drink with the senior rates running the induction course on the first night and was made class leader on the basis that I would drink the rest of the class under the table and was therefor obviously a true matlow...

As there were already a million Daves or Davids on the C+ site, I thought I'd plump for the name my Aussie mates call me (the polite one! :angry:).

I'll be changing me avatar to something considerably cooler as soon as I can work out how to do it!

QuickDraw

My surname is McGraw - it's that simple.

I don't get called it on an everyday basis but there's usually someone around who'll use it and it's a lot better than some other things that rhyme with McGraw.

Top Bottom