How different are you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
In real life I'm not a Dalek, but I do work in engineering.
I'm a tad more extrovert on here than IRL, but there's not a huge difference.
All the forummers I've met thus far have been much as I expected them to be.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It doesn't really work if you try to judge the differences yourself. It needs someone to go out on a limb and fess up, having met a poster prolific enough to have an online CC personality.
I've met plenty and I'd say that of the ones I know well on here, even though I may not like them all, there are very few significant differences. Some may be a bit quieter or louder but are largely unable to hide their personalities in print, or see no need to. I don't recall being disappointed by someone I looked forward to meeting and some of the nobbers have reinforced my view.
I haven't met Smeggers so I am unable to comment.:thumbsup:

Funny how you never see an online fight between people who've met in real life and had a perfectly pleasant exchange. In fact, it's remarkable how restrained people who've met actually are.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I mean how you group people in colours and the meaning thereof.

It's not my classification. The auditory/visual/kinesthetic is from Fleming's VAK/VARK model.

The colour classification is used a fair bit in various business and team building exercises :whistle:. Still I don't think it's worthless and has a lot to be said in an internet and group settings. Things like this and this and this. Confusingly enough they can interchange the colours (they do here), but they are more or less the same. It's not that anyone literally thinks anyone is one of those, but it's thinking how people are different. I think it's applicable for on-line and groups.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
There is a more detailed explanation than this oft said idea. These people are 'really like that', it's just that the internet shifts the balance. If you were certain personalities types/learning styles in the off-line world, you can get trampled all over by other personality types/styles. For example are shy people more likely to be auditory/read-write learning styles or yellow/green personality types? If they are they suddenly inhabit a world where they and not uber aggressive and macho people who may be red/blue/kinesthetic dominate in real life? It's an interesting question.
I don't know what the red/blue bit is .... but I'm more of a visual/kinesthetic person ... definitely not audiory.

It's not my classification. The auditory/visual/kinesthetic is from Fleming's VAK/VARK model.

The colour classification is used a fair bit in various business and team building exercises :whistle:. Still I don't think it's worthless and has a lot to be said in an internet and group settings. Things like this and this and this. Confusingly enough they can interchange the colours (they do here), but they are more or less the same. It's not that anyone literally thinks anyone is one of those, but it's thinking how people are different. I think it's applicable for on-line and groups.
Now I'm worried I don't recognise myself in any of those colours, probably means I don't know who I am....but others might
unsure.gif
uhm.gif

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I'm a lot more confident when I can see someone's eyes or hear their tone of voice. My online persona is a little 'autistic' and timid.
Hmmmm. My real life persona is more than a little Aspergery. I prefer it when I can see someone's eyes, and their hands, makes ducking the incoming punch so much easier. Perhaps I just drink in the wrong pubs.....

marinyork

Hmmmm. My real life persona is more than a little Aspergery. I prefer it when I can see someone's eyes, and their hands, makes ducking the incoming punch so much easier. Perhaps I just drink in the wrong pubs.....

So Jawas are good then? Sounds like Mos Eisley Cantina to me...

edit: I'll get my coat lightsabre.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
So Jawas are good then? Sounds like Mos Eisley Cantina to me...

edit: I'll get my coat lightsabre.
Jawas? I always preferred CZ's myself! :wacko:

tbh I've not been directly involved in a bar brawl in years, though it was earlier this year that one erupted around my friends and I in a not so nice local. Two friends up at the bar, in possession of the kitty, tried to break it up and one ended up getting broken. I repatriated the whip before he went off to hospital and we carried on in another hostelry.

marinyork

Now I'm worried I don't recognise myself in any of those colours, probably means I don't know who I am....but others might
unsure.gif
uhm.gif

It's only a guide. You're not meant to be all one (as I said the colours are confusingly mixed up in those) with no completely agreed definition of what one is. Although some people might be much more one colour than another (I think I am).

There are many other schemes. People don't like being classified and tend to see them not being something rather than seeing qualities, which is what we're really discussing. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has noticed that the internet was until recently dominated by text and the conferred slight advantages/ease this might confer on some subsets of the population. This can be quite different to bits of real life imho.

Top Bottom