How different are you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
And there was I thinking it was Brian May :smile:

He would have much preferred it if you had said Richie Blackmore...

Lisa21

Mooching.............
I am just me. The only difference to the real life me is a) i dont wear a pointy hat and wiggle my naked bum around (not in public anyway.....)
and b) I am quiet until I get to know someone.

Mr Phoebus

And there was I thinking it was Brian May :smile:

I was shocked to see how grey Brian May has become.
He only needs a beauty spot and he'd look like a proper dandy. ^_^

_56489029_013258475-1.jpg

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
It doesn't really work if you try to judge the differences yourself. It needs someone to go out on a limb and fess up, having met a poster prolific enough to have an online CC personality.
I've met plenty and I'd say that of the ones I know well on here, even though I may not like them all, there are very few significant differences. Some may be a bit quieter or louder but are largely unable to hide their personalities in print, or see no need to. I don't recall being disappointed by someone I looked forward to meeting and some of the nobbers have reinforced my view.
I haven't met Smeggers so I am unable to comment.:thumbsup:

Yep, pretty much covers it, there's the odd raised eyebrow moment but nothing that's been an outright surprise.

It's the non-prolific posters you've got to watch for, they really could be anything and as for the lurkers..............

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I'm just me... just look a bit older than I am on the inside.

There you go, not the vague image I had in my mind at all. Actually I don't think I had one, but the more you post the more you build up a picture, at least I do.
Vikeonabike for instance, never met him, now know what he does but picture him as a big strong bloke aged somewhere between late 30's to 50 with facial hair with two horns on his head, bet I'm completely wrong.
ColinJ was much as I expected because I had seen a er slightly misleading avatar. Same with Dave from Coventry but a bit smaller than I thought.

lukesdad

It doesn't really work if you try to judge the differences yourself. It needs someone to go out on a limb and fess up, having met a poster prolific enough to have an online CC personality.
I've met plenty and I'd say that of the ones I know well on here, even though I may not like them all, there are very few significant differences. Some may be a bit quieter or louder but are largely unable to hide their personalities in print, or see no need to. I don't recall being disappointed by someone I looked forward to meeting and some of the nobbers have reinforced my view.
I haven't met Smeggers so I am unable to comment.:thumbsup:
What a lubberly chap you are, moi and that other nobber.. macwattizface :crazy: have gone all warm inside now, well he will do when we meet him. :cheers:

pepecat

[QUOTE 1635422, member: 45"]If I ever see that Brumjim again....[/quote]

Lol!!

I am not a small cat.......
But I am fairly shy in 'real life'...so not all that different from on here really....

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
ColinJ was much as I expected because I had seen a er slightly misleading avatar.
I think tf is actually trying to say that I wasn't quite what he expected, and ditto for I like Skol on a recent forum ride! My avatar photo was taken 4 or 5 years ago when I was slim and fit. You can see that I had that slightly hollow-cheeked look that cyclists develop when they are getting lean and mean!

Yes - I'm afraid that I let life get to me and it shows! I'm now slow and fat, but ... I've lost a stone of the 4 stone that wanted to lose and I rode double the mileage this year that I did in 2010. There is lots more hard work still to do, but I'll be doing that in the first half of next year. You'll see a new slimline ColinJ tearing up the hills in summer 2012! (Or a still very embarrassed, slow, fat one grovelling up them? :blush:)

Mozzy

Slightly off tangent on avatar pics; when I was on my own a decade or so back, I did arrange a blind date with a lady who said she looked and was a replica of Demi Moore. Sadly she lied. size 22 and at 5' not what I had in my mind as an image. Yes, thinking about it with me, daft avatar, daft person, and I'm proud to be daft. Life is just too short to be overly serious.

Top Bottom