How different are you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Personality wise I would not get drawn into an argument, or trying to argue a point on a forum, however in person if I am passionate about something I will let it be known! Communicating in writing is so impersonal and is so easy to construe the jest or meaning behind someone comments. Looks wise.... Funnymummy met me so she might say if I look different than what she thought! :smile:

I'm just like my avatar and forum persona..."Cold, one of life's has beans, too mushroom between my eyes, when the chips are down - they sort of resemble my hair. Luckily, the writing in the pepper is illegible but that just about sums up my attitude!:tongue:
I expect I'm tolerated by some and despised by others when on a ride. Tough eh? :santa:

screenman

Legendary Member
I am as thick and ignorant in real life as I am on here, born that way and look like things are not going to change.

Shape wise, tall short thin guy well I am in those weird mirrors at the fair, bald with long blond hair.

Had lots of bad things written about me over the years in different area's of the motor trade, but never by anyone who has met me.

I definitely ask to many questions, a character fault for sure and it seems often I am being sarcastic where as I am really trying to get a persons view in my head.

40 years in the motor trade, 37 self employed and with a communist Dad total confusion going on in an empty box is how I would sometimes discribe my thoughts.

I hope to be out on a forum ride next year, in the mean time always a supply of inner tubes here should you ever get a puncture locally.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I guess I'm the same on here as in RL - although the pic needs changing. That's recent too (work one though, need an alternative) - taken in Sept, not one of those from 1983 with hair and no wrinkles ;) .

Damn it, I can't, don't own a helmet......but I could don a virtual one

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I think having met most of the NW lot (not the hilly billy's out Hebden YET !! ), we need a cafe run, but all day. I'll need permission though, as my missus doesn't expect a 60 mile ride for me to take much more then 3 hours.... add in friends, and it's all day.. two good stops with awesome coffee and cake....sorted. :rolleyes:

Must say Jodrell Bank got their act together this year.. cyclist totally friendly..big income generator.

Norm

Yet to meet any I wouldn't want to ride with again though :thumbsup:(well maybe 1) :whistle:
We have met then? Or is there another one on here like that? :tongue:
There are a couple of people on here who I would not want to meet irl as they get my hackles up enough on a forum.And yet if we were to meet there is every chance they would be nice enough peeps.I dont even tend to post on threads they involve themselves in as the urge to tell them to stfu would be too strong:laugh:
Lisa

stfu

That is all. :laugh:
I hope to think I am the same on here as IRL as I can't be arsed with all that smoke and mirrors bollocks and having nothing to hide.
After only one coffee, I'm in no position to offer great insights although I'd agree with this. And, as a general comment, meeting anyone who has strong beliefs is much more fascinating than typing at them.

Through a computer screen, you cannot see the passion in their eyes when they hit their subject, you cannot spot the twinkle in their eyes when they wind you up intentionally, you spend much time focusing on minutiae and sometimes miss (wilfully or negligently) what they are saying. Through a computer screen, I think that we tend to focus on differences whereas, in real life, we focus on the common ground.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think having met most of the NW lot (not the hilly billy's out Hebden YET !! ), we need a cafe run, but all day. I'll need permission though, as my missus doesn't expect a 60 mile ride for me to take much more then 3 hours.... add in friends, and it's all day.. two good stops with awesome coffee and cake....sorted. :rolleyes:
Sounds mighty like Spring Into The Dales with a CycleChat twist! :hello:

pubrunner

Legendary Member
I've met a number of forum-ites, 30 perhaps 35, and unless they do a lot of posting you can't really say if their online persona is different or not. The ones that do post a good bit I'd say they are pretty much what I would expect.

Interesting post !

As a starting point, do you begin with the online persona and see if the 'real' person is the same ? or t'other way round ?

Regardless of differences/similarities, I've found that meeting forum members has enabled me to understand better, 'where they are coming from'.

I've met only a few members, but one or two were nothing like I expected from their postings. One and all were very decent fellas - and the ladies, too !

I have no idea if I am the same or not.

I marked you down as a wry observer, Colly; I think it shows in your postings. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom