How different are you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
He would have much preferred it if you had said Richie Blackmore...

dam right!! I spent a few months playing covers in my band here (split now unfortunately) we covered 'BURN' and 'STARAGAZER'....I love playing that stuff...and I dont need to wear a grey wig to be ritchie either^_^

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Slightly off tangent on avatar pics; when I was on my own a decade or so back, I did arrange a blind date with a lady who said she looked and was a replica of Demi Moore. Sadly she lied. size 22 and at 5' not what I had in my mind as an image.
I read a newspaper column where the young female journalist reported having arranged a date through an online agency. She'd been looking forward to meeting the slim, muscular, suntanned young man who'd contacted her.

So there she was, sitting in her car in the car park where the meeting was to take place. She looked around, and all she could see was one other car with a fat, bald, middle-aged bloke sitting in it.

She waited, and waited ... Her suitor was late; he must have been held up in traffic or had some kind of problem, so she took out her phone and rang him.

He answered at exactly the same moment that the bald, fat bloke opposite answered his phone! She realised that the bald man was her date and told the man that she was staring straight at him - he wasn't 25, suntanned, or muscular and he didn't have any hair! Why had he sent her somebody else's photograph?

He replied that it was him, only it was him 30 years ago. She asked if he thought she wouldn't notice the difference face-to-face? He replied that he had been hoping that she would like his personality and would be able to overlook it! ^_^

It's an interesting question. I try to be more balanced and reasonable on these forums - sort of like I am at work! Naturally I'm a lot less politically correct and less calculated. At work you tend to have to think first then act, so it's sort of nice to g with the flow a bit more outside.

My avatar is more than applicable in more ways than one. (This should to however be taken to mean I actually kill people)!

Edit: should NOT that should read

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
Well the picture is me but like the anecdote above it was errr some years ago. Still got a full head of hair and only slightly less skinny though.

I don't think I'm much different IRL but probably less likely to get crusty (but others less likely to get provocative). Quite shy an hesitant, might come over as diffident.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Slightly off tangent on avatar pics; when I was on my own a decade or so back, I did arrange a blind date with a lady who said she looked and was a replica of Demi Moore. Sadly she lied. size 22 and at 5' not what I had in my mind as an image. Yes, thinking about it with me, daft avatar, daft person, and I'm proud to be daft. Life is just too short to be overly serious.
Sounds like the one I met a long while back. Described herself as average build and about 5'6.
She was about 4'10" and wide as she was tall. Lying didn't endear me to her.

D

Deleted member 1258

Yes - I'm afraid that I let life get to me and it shows! I'm now slow and fat, but ... I've lost a stone of the 4 stone that wanted to lose and I rode double the mileage this year that I did in 2010. There is lots more hard work still to do, but I'll be doing that in the first half of next year. You'll see a new slimline ColinJ tearing up the hills in summer 2012! (Or a still very embarrassed, slow, fat one grovelling up them? :blush:)

I've started the work for next summer, 40 minute interval session on the Turbo this morning before breakfast.
I've done two Forum Rides this year and went on them without any preconceptions about the other members on the ride and just took people as I found them.

OP
OP
totallyfixed

totallyfixed

Veteran
That's me 6 years ago island hopping in Greece thought I would buck the trend and go for something sunny.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I can't be a good judge of myself. I'm probably more garrulous on CC than elsewhere, but I'm not exactly unknown for spouting bullshit elsewhere too. After my first social ride with CC peeps, a veteren said "CC is fun, but these rides are the real world". Well, both fun.
All the CC people I have met are delightful.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Think I'm about the same really ? Others can tell me. :wacko:
Oh and my sprockets are shinier in real life, and don't wear a fluffy hat - all that fluff in me gears - no ta.

OP
OP
totallyfixed

totallyfixed

Veteran
I'll vouch for that from what I remember. I was thinking about some of the more, shall we say contentious threads that have been on here where peeps are displaying a somewhat aggressive attitude towards their fellow CC'ers. I'm not really a betting man but I would hazard a guess that we are unlikely to see them on forum rides, maybe any rides? Now that is contentious
ph34r.gif

Top Bottom