How different are you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
In real life? I'm asking because I have done I think 6 forum rides to date and with only a couple of exceptions I have been surprised by the reality compared to the online persona. As a for instance. one person chats away on here and is quiet as a mouse in real life.
Do we tend to think we are the same in reality as we are on here? I think I am the same but not for me to judge.

I am not a bull in a china shop megamouth in real life (unless you give me four and a half pints of Fruli...:whistle:).

So why are some so very different on here? No one to censor them [relatively], fight in safety, very shy normally, poor social life / live in the middle of nowhere, funny colour [Marinyork, thank you], what?

theclaud

Openly Marxist
So why are some so very different on here? No one to censor them [relatively], fight in safety, very shy normally, poor social life / live in the middle of nowhere, funny colour [Marinyork, thank you], what?

What's more interesting, if you ask me, is that it could possibly be supposed that a combination of an avatar and a series of posts on tinternet could somehow be "the same" as a flesh-and-blood human being.

What's more interesting, if you ask me, is that it could possibly be supposed that a combination of an avatar and a series of posts on tinternet could somehow be "the same" as a flesh-and-blood human being.
Yes and no, I like many others think I am about the same, perhaps I am being a bit too simplistic and it's quite normal to have an alter ego. What I want to know is why would you want one? A bit like Colin posted earlier, albeit a physical description of someone who wanted to impress a member of the opposite sex.
[changed avatar again, the summer one just didn't look right]

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Coming to this one a bit late...been a bit lax on the posting front lately so newbies probably won't be aware of the rather offbeat and cheeky humour I can sometimes have. I hope to think I am the same on here as IRL as I can't be arsed with all that smoke and mirrors bollocks and having nothing to hide.

I've met a whole load of CCers...now if you want me to dish the dirt...:addict:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
[QUOTE 1636609, member: 1314"]OK - this is what I really look like...[/quote]

Nah, he looks far too tall for him to be you...

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
[QUOTE 1636629, member: 1314"]:eek:[/quote]
bitter pill to swallow huh Crock?!!! chortle...

Lisa21

Mooching.............
I am a man.

Lisa21

Mooching.............
There are a couple of people on here who I would not want to meet irl as they get my hackles up enough on a forum.And yet if we were to meet there is every chance they would be nice enough peeps.I dont even tend to post on threads they involve themselves in as the urge to tell them to stfu would be too strong:laugh:

Coming to this one a bit late...been a bit lax on the posting front lately so newbies probably won't be aware of the rather offbeat and cheeky humour I can sometimes have. I hope to think I am the same on here as IRL as I can't be arsed with all that smoke and mirrors bollocks and having nothing to hide.

I've met a whole load of CCers...now if you want me to dish the dirt...:addict:

Do tell, might start a virtual punch up cos the helmet thread isn't up to much.

Top Bottom