How different are you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Personally I think theclaud is a right pain in the arse. I leave it to others to judge whether her author shares this quality...

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I think this is true for many, often shy people in real life and possibly less likely to meet up with others on here as in forum rides.

There is a more detailed explanation than this oft said idea. These people are 'really like that', it's just that the internet shifts the balance. If you were certain personalities types/learning styles in the off-line world, you can get trampled all over by other personality types/styles. For example are shy people more likely to be auditory/read-write learning styles or yellow/green personality types? If they are they suddenly inhabit a world where they and not uber aggressive and macho people who may be red/blue/kinesthetic dominate in real life? It's an interesting question.

There is a more detailed explanation than this oft said idea. These people are 'really like that', it's just that the internet shifts the balance. If you were certain personalities types/learning styles in the off-line world, you can get trampled all over by other personality types/styles. For example are shy people more likely to be auditory/read-write learning styles or yellow/green personality types? If they are they suddenly inhabit a world where they and not uber aggressive and macho people who may be red/blue/kinesthetic dominate in real life? It's an interesting question.
Followed you perfectly until your language got a bit colourful.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Followed you perfectly until your language got a bit colourful.

Not particularly talking about certain individuals. Talking about groups of people - that is not obviously all there is to them. Or did you mean you didn't understand rather than objection to what I was saying?

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
>> xx(

Not particularly talking about certain individuals. Talking about groups of people - that is not obviously all there is to them. Or did you mean you didn't understand rather than objection to what I was saying?
I mean how you group people in colours and the meaning thereof.
I think he's saying all the nice folk support Norwich City (yellow/green) and all the nasty lot suport Man U, Arsenal or Chelsea (Red/ Blue) :thumbsup:
He or she?
[QUOTE 1635286, member: 9609"]I have met three forum members, one was older than I thought, one was younger than I thought and one was a different sex.[/quote]
So true, after 6 forum rides [and I thoroughly recommend them] I now expect the unexpected.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I am different in that I say much less verbally the I do in writing. Also I can understand smilies better then I can people's faces.
Which also begs the question, if you are different in real life did you choose an avatar / title that you would rather be like?
My name here is just the name of the motorbike I had a long while ago. I used it on another forum and it stuck and has been in use for a few forums now. The Unicorn is just a representation of my outlook on life. The title under it is because I make things, for fun and for a living.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
[QUOTE 1635286, member: 9609"]I have met three forum members, one was older than I thought, one was younger than I thought and one was a different sex.[/quote]
Erm... am I an old git, a sprightly young chap, or a woman?:smile:

Top Bottom