How do I make porridge less boring?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
A satsuma mixed in but taste a segment first else it's right annoying if it's gone sour. Dried fruit if there's no fresh around. Never apple or pear.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I only have it in the winter months, so don't get too bored. Whole rolled oats gives a nice texture, with some sliced banana or other bits of fruit in it.

Wobblers

Euthermic
I know the purists here will probably shoot me down in flames:laugh:

But, after years and years of eating plain porridge made with either water or milk, I`m sick to death of it. I want to go on eating the stuff because it`s healthy. How does everybody else make it a bit more interesting??

I`m open to any ideas!

Have you tried mixing it with lots and lots of cocaine?

ScotiaLass

Guru
I quite like porridge but I couldn't eat it every day!
I use bananas, honey, a touch of evap milk, caramel sauce, brown sugar, blueberries...etc.
Oh and not all at the same time :laugh:

sight-pin

Veteran
I had a great gazpacho once in a restaurant, the soup bowl was surrounded by lots of little bowls with different bits to add to the soup. So i was thinking you could do the same with a bowl of porridge. variety is the spice of life lol

Dave 123

Legendary Member
With milk. Bung in the microwave for a minute, give it a stir. Another minute and a half. Clean up the explosion in microwave. Add cold milk, 1/3 table spoon golden syrup and a handful of dried cranberries. Mmmmmmm!

I used to hate the stuff. I started on it in November, I love it now!

Top Bottom