How does anyone actually do a 200 Km ride in one day ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I was aiming for a 20km/h average (which was a success - I managed the 200k in 9 hrs 50 min). But my secondary target, of finishing the 204km ride in 10 hours, I missed by 4 minutes partly due the horrible traffic and wiggly route at the end. And partly due to me not going fast enough.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I was aiming for a 20km/h average (which was a success - I managed the 200k in 9 hrs 50 min). But my secondary target, of finishing the 204km ride in 10 hours, I missed by 4 minutes partly due the horrible traffic and wiggly route at the end. And partly due to me not going fast enough.
The end of the Great Escape is a nightmare. To be fair though, I've not found a daytime route in from the East or North East to London that is good.

LoL makes my 18.3 kph average and 14 hours for 227km on the Saddleworth-Bowland perm look a little slow , though in all honesty I was just glad to get back to the finish within the time limit :bicycle:

Paul

mark st1

Plastic Manc
What the hell do you lot use for fuel ? I know we are all different builds weights male female etc I seem to struggle with energy levels covering half the distances you machines roll out. I know solo riding is harder is there a good staple food to go on ? ( I know Google is there but it's a minefield of contradictions on diets ).

What the hell do you lot use for fuel ?
Food

eg
1376323_10152831456412402_4774452370557409887_n.jpg

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
What the hell do you lot use for fuel ? I know we are all different builds weights male female etc I seem to struggle with energy levels covering half the distances you machines roll out. I know solo riding is harder is there a good staple food to go on ? ( I know Google is there but it's a minefield of contradictions on diets ).
The contents of my handlebar bag yesterday: 2 x mini Pork pies (pre-quartered, for marginal gains). 2 x Peanut butter & marmite sandwiches. 4 cereal bars. Small plastic bag with some old, rather fluffy, Haribo Tangfastics.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Yesterday.

Brekkie @ 6am
4 Slices of toast and a cup of tea

At 45 miles. A fruit cereal bar
Lunch at 72 miles. A CoOp lunch including 6 small sausage rolls, 3 white choccy cookies, 3 cups of sugary coffee and a bottle of lucozade.
A snack at 100 miles of a piece of flapjack and a banana.

Of course lot's of water was also drunk en route. I estimate I drank about 2and Half litres of water.

And that was it until I got home at 7.15pm where I demolished half a Waitrose Beef and Onion Pie (cold, as I couldn't wait for it to be warmed up)

martint235

Dog on a bike
Yesterday I had 6 sausage rolls (cold because @ianrauk got the last warm one!!!) a Belvita biscuit and two pieces of flapjack.

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.

Yesterday breakfast was porridge & tea, a flapjack at about 45 miles. Lunch was a Ginsters pasty, 2 pain au raisin, a bannana, a bottle of Coke and a couple of coffees. Flapjack, fig rolls & half a bannana at the last control then a few Haribo on the way home. 158 miles for the day.

If I know I'm going for over 100 miles, I eat something like a banana before setting off. About half distance I'll go for something like a chicken and bacon baguette, then stuff a load of fig rolls and jelly babies into my jersey pockets, for when I start to run out of fuel. When I'm home, I go for a steak, and new potatoes, with some sort of green salad.

Top Bottom