How early are you out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
For leisure rides rather than the necessity of commuting?
Im only a casual rider going out once a week but I love getting out there at 6am or just before on Saturday or Sunday to be on the roads when they are mostly empty. Country lanes alone are brilliant. Thing is I dont see many other roadies until about 8am, and then there are loads of them heading into the country lanes from the main road out of town at about 9am, just as I am heading home.
Mrs RoadRider400 calls me a moron for getting up at 5:30, maybe she has a point.
:tired:
There's a 6am?!? At the weekend:eek::eek::wacko:! Nearly 70 yrs old and nobody told me. Unbelievable!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
For leisure rides rather than the necessity of commuting?
Im only a casual rider going out once a week but I love getting out there at 6am or just before on Saturday or Sunday to be on the roads when they are mostly empty. Country lanes alone are brilliant. Thing is I dont see many other roadies until about 8am, and then there are loads of them heading into the country lanes from the main road out of town at about 9am, just as I am heading home.
Mrs RoadRider400 calls me a moron for getting up at 5:30, maybe she has a point.
:tired:
5.40 this morning and 5.03 yesterday. I love the peace and quiet, plus I suffer from insomnia so it's not exactly difficult to just get up and out.

bluezelos

I like to ride after 7pm, a bit cooler as the sun is going down, traffic not too heavy on the country lanes.

Nebulous

Guru
I have a flexible work pattern and like getting out before 6 during the week. I have a 33-35 mile loop I do then home for breakfast, shower and off to work. Even winter turbo is usually 6am, whereas most people seem to do turbo sessions in the evening.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
For work, 0530. I try for 7am for my longer rides to miss traffic and not interfere with the day too much, but lately that has slipped a bit.

lane

Veteran
Quite like a lie in at the weekend. Got out for a 116km ride on Saturday ay 11.30am. Week or two before started an 80km ride at 4.30pm due to family stuff in the morning. Club rides start at 9am so I would be out about 8.15 which is early for me. What I like about this time of year are the lovely long evenings - no need to get out early it is light until 10pm at the moment. See riders out whatever the time.

What time do you lot go to bed?

Top Bottom