How early do you go out!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Monsieur

What time do you class as ''early''?
I've been out for some of my best rides starting at 4am in summer.

Venod

Eh up
I like it to warm a little so if the temperatures low about 11 AM a bit earlier when it gets a warmer but very rarely before 9 AM

D

Deleted member 20519

I used to go out at 5am in the Summer, on the weekends I try to get out at around 9 - it's not worth going out early when it's freezing and there's ice on the road.

musa

Über Member
depends try to go before sunrise if a long ride

uclown2002

Guru
That's early for work, how far do you commute?
I work only 2 miles from home so a waste of time getting kitted up for that distance. I typically do a 23 mile route in and maybe 17 miles back after a 12 hr shift. Makes for a long day but immensely satisfying. I work shifts so commute maybe 7 out of 28 days; If I'm on nights or day off I'll go out through the day usually.

It varies but its usually 7:15-45 for the commute (although I can get away with leaving it till 8:45 and still get in for 9am and twice I got away about 6:30am for a proper ride).
I'm out of the flat most Saturdays at 7:15-20 for the PCC EB rides but Sunday is a lie in and I don't usually get away till 8:45.
On ad hoc occasions I've been away about 6am but that's an exception as I'm a lazy b'gger at heart :thumbsup:
Got a ride coming up, where I'll have to cycle at 3am'ish to get to the start :ohmy:

Top Bottom