How early do you go out!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

compo

Veteran
I don't commute so tend to try and avoid the rush hour and the school run. I generally get out shortly after about 0900. I will sometimes go a bit earlier during school holidays. The school run is worse than the rush hour.

OP
OP
B

Bikerchick

It varies but its usually 7:15-45 for the commute (although I can get away with leaving it till 8:45 and still get in for 9am and twice I got away about 6:30am for a proper ride).
I'm out of the flat most Saturdays at 7:15-20 for the PCC EB rides but Sunday is a lie in and I don't usually get away till 8:45.
On ad hoc occasions I've been away about 6am but that's an exception as I'm a lazy b'gger at heart :thumbsup:
Got a ride coming up, where I'll have to cycle at 3am'ish to get to the start :ohmy:
Do some rides start that early?

wisdom

Guru
For daily commute i am on the road between 0630-0645 Ffor pleasure rides its about the same time as i wake at 0530 every morning.Its a good time to be out as the roads are fairly quiet,When i get home i can do all the family things.

D

Deleted member 1258

Commuting I'm out around 7:15am-7:20am, most Sunday rides 8am-9am, sometimes earlier, if I'm on holiday I try and wait till after 9am too avoid the worst of the rush hour.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Next week I have 3 shifts starting at 6am, so I'll be on the road at about 5.15am - only 5 miles, but I want coffee before I start. As I'm the barista, I need time to warm up the coffee machine first :cuppa:

Mallory

I like to get out at around 6.30am for my weekend rides. Get out before the nutters hit the road. Sadly over the past 5 years the nutters are getting out earlier and earlier :sad:

Never ride through golders green on a Saturday morning after 10am or Sunday morning between 8-12. The local community must believe that god will show them the way!!!!

Had more near misses on that section if road than anywhere else :sad:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I leave at about 4:45am for the commutes, and about 6:50am for the weekend rides to the Dandenong Ranges. If I'm going further (e.g. Mt Donna Buang), I'll leave around 6am.

mattobrien

Guru
It depends when it is light really. Due to family considerations I try to get things over and done with as early as possible, which has in the past seen me set off pre 5am to get in a 50 mile and be back for breakfast.

That said, anything early isn't on the cards due to our two children trying to make sure that we don't get more than two hour blocks if sleep. Not their fault they are poorly, but it does play havoc with my cycling plans.

Top Bottom