How far do people really go....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
If I'm going out for daily exercise (I work at home, so no commuting), rides are usually about 15 miles.
Half-day ride at the weekend, I aim for around 40 miles.
'Long' day out on the bike, usually 60-70 miles.

compo

Veteran
At this time of the year I average 3 rides of 30-40 miles a week. In the early spring I will gradually increase this to build up miles in readiness for longer events during the summer.

Hip Priest

Veteran
My commute is a 10 mile round trip, so that's 50 miles p/w. Then at the weekend I normally do a long ride of 50-70 miles. In summer I also go out once or twice in the evening and do about 25 miles.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
From November when I start my new job, for 4 months (after that i could be based anywhere) it'll be... 3x 20 mile commute + 2x 42 to uni and the occasional 1x 32 to college to present portfolio work for a different course. Add to that audaxing which will be taken serious this season.

I can't wait for the stability, the fitness and the weight loss. I'll have no choice as I've sold my car intentionally to force this onto myself.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Before I had to stop due to ill-health, hubby and I would cycling 12 miles, 3 or 4 times a week.
Most was along canal towpaths but we did venture 'off road' for a little light MTB :biggrin:

ScotiaLass

Guru
From November when I start my new job, for 4 months (after that i could be based anywhere) it'll be... 3x 20 mile commute + 2x 42 to uni and the occasional 1x 32 to college to present portfolio work for a different course. Add to that audaxing which will be taken serious this season.

I can't wait for the stability, the fitness and the weight loss. I'll have no choice as I've sold my car intentionally to force this onto myself.

Brave move!! :bravo:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Average 70 miles a week made up of local loops, shopping/ errand trips, mini tours and and taking bikes on holidays or doing cycling events like Sportives. I could probably up that average but I am lazy, and I procrastinate about going out a lot.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Brave move!! :bravo:
Thank you, but I have done this before and it worked out great.

simon.r

Person
I generally get a couple of mid-week rides of 10-20 miles and a weekend ride of 30-40 miles.

Although it varies from nothing to double that depending on circumstances.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I like to get a 50mil road ride in once a week interspersed with 10 to 15 a few times just pottering into town on the old Single Speed. If shifts allow, I take the MTB onto the fields and bridleways for a 15 to 20 mile spin once or twice a week.

Top Bottom