How far do people really go....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I rarely do rides less than 10 miles, and I have done 4 or 5 rides of about 140 miles, including a lot of hills.

In 2006 and 2007, I rode quite a lot of 200 km audax events but the poor summers since then put me off doing many more.

I have probably done about 30 century rides and 60 or 70 metric centuries.

I averaged about 100 miles a week for a couple of years and then fell back to much less than that.

I used to average about 750 miles on my 2 week Spanish cycling holidays (12 riding days).

GilesM

Legendary Member
If I'm not working away, I usually do two or three rides of around 25 to 40 miles on the road Monday to Friday, and a longer in time but not distance mtb trip on Saturday or Sunday, no working road bike right now, so it's the hardtail for the road at the moment, makes things a bit harder, but if I was riding a road bike, it would be the same time, but a few miles more. Weekend ride is usually 2.5 to 4 hours of full suss fun in the hills somewhere, but a typical mtb route will be 20 miles in 2.5 to 3 hours.

Rustybucket

Veteran
Saturday ride will be 60 to 100 miles depending how long the wife says I can be away for (normaly she doesnt mind if Im gone for along time, not sure if I should be worried...)
I also commute 20 miles a day - moving house soon so will be 40 miles a day.

Blurb

Über Member
110 miles a week all weathers urban commute. Weekends vary from nothing to 45 miles on average depending on how tired the old legs are. I usually have a rough route planned when going out alone. When with friends we have a few loops we do. I'd like to do more at the weekend, but the commute does take it's toll.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I have a few loop rides of 12, 16, 25 and 32 miles which I do after I get home...try to get out 2/ 3 times a week but not always got time.... Normally a very early Saturday or Sunday ride of a similar distance up to 40 miles. Longest so far has been 62, 67 and 75 miles but would love to have more time.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Saturday morning ride between 40 to 60 miles
Sunday club ride between 40 to 80 miles
Three evening a week 20 mile loop.
And commute 6 miles a day on the fixie.
Think that covers it. although i did take Tuesday of work and put another 38 miles in. but i only have a day of once a month.

outlash

also available in orange
Weekends only for me as my wife works nights, so typically saturday mornings is a 20ish mile ride then most Sundays I'll be on the club run which tends to be between 40-60 miles although occasionally I might be out with others or on my own such as the week before last, did just shy of 90 miles with a mate.

Tony.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I'm lucky if I get to ride 40 miles a couple of times a month, I fit in shorter 10-15 miles rides in the evening after work before I settle down to some paperwork.

Just moved and using it for a reboot after lots of inactivity and nice food. Aiming for a steady 10 miles or so pootle each weekend and start building up.
Hope to be up to some nice 30 milers on the trails by next spring.
Don't know about winter. I'd love to play in the snow, but it snows with enthusiasm here.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
120 - 150 mile a week commuting. Sometimes I will go out early on a Sunday morning for a few hours but only done that 7 times so far this year

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Averaging 150 miles a week this year. 25 miles or so a week commuting, everything else is fifteen miles or so two or three times a week in the mornings, plus weekend rides. That's down on last year, and those figures were down on 2011.

Top Bottom