How far do you drive a car each year

How far do you you drive your car each year?

• 0 - I do not own a car

Votes: 14 14.3%
  • 0 - 5,000

Votes: 30 30.6%
  • 5,001 - 10,000

Votes: 28 28.6%
  • 10,001 - 15,000

Votes: 14 14.3%
  • 15,001 - 20,000

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I prefer to fly my private jet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20,001-30,000

Votes: 7 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Last years car miles 5488

Last years bike miles 4598

24,500 miles in the 9 months since April 2018 - admittedly including 2 trips from the UK to Italy so, like @screenman the poll doesn't go high enough. Does make me wonder how I found the time to ride on 186 days in 2018 though!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
We have 2 cars, one does around 10k, the other does about 5k

Mainly local miles ferrying the kids about. neither of us commute by car.

13 rider

Guru
Between my last 2 mots car had done 4500 miles which included a 1000 mile trip to Loch Ness to do a sixty mile bike ride :laugh: and around 800 miles going to Cornwall on Holiday . Bike had covered just under 9000 so not quite double the car

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
The poll does not go up high enough.

Added another mileage option

Thomson

Once done 42k in a year and half .uses to do about 420 miles a week just to work and back. Now I don’t have a car just my partner. I use it very little maybe once a month if that or I have to take her to work or something.

So I would say about 200 a year.

Drago

Legendary Member
Once done 42k in a year and half .uses to do about 420 miles a week just to work and back. Now I don’t have a car just my partner. I use it very little maybe once a month if that or I have to take her to work or something.

So I would say about 200 a year.

Good lord, I hope they're paying you well - you probably spend as much time commuting as Mrs D does at work!

Drago

Legendary Member
Apart from anything else, even the best car seats are othapaedically very poor. A lot of people who spend their careers behind the wheel, taxi drivers, traffic cops, truckers etc can suffer some unpleasant musculo skeletal problems in later life. 84 miles a day simply commuting cant be far off as harmful.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
My car around 7,000 miles a year, the overwhelming majority of which is collecting and returning child 2 to college at weekends. Mrs B's around 8,000 a year, around half of which is family related as hers is more comfortable than mine, with the rest on her social life. :whistle:

Top Bottom