How hots is too hot?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

compo

Veteran
You might change your mind if you came down here where it regularly reaches 40c.

I have cycled in Djibouti with similar temperatures to Ghana. Also been marched around Djibouti with full pack, medical kit and a weapon. I wonder how far I would get nowadays, either cycling or marching. Not far I suspect.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Today was a heady mixture of heat, humidity & wind. Awful!

yello

I'm another that prefers around 17 or 18C. Anything above 25 is unpleasant. 30 is no go.

Today's forecast for 30 and a high pollen count. I'll probably stay indoors much of the day.

MarkF

Guru
42c in dry Seville was great, I loved cycling in it, but 35c in humid Malaga was horrible. It's going to be 23/25c in the Dales today, perfect. :smile:

GrasB

Veteran
20C can be too hot but 35C, just keep drinking sips of water all the time, can be fine. As avalon says it's all about humidity.

lulubel

Über Member
My optimum temperature seems to be between 25 - 30c, so late June/early July is perfect here.

Once it gets into August, I like to get out early to be back before the temperature exceeds 35c, because that's unpleasantly hot. (Still do-able, but you have to take it a bit slower.)

I don't like cold. Or rain. Definitely don't like rain. :biggrin:

MarkF

Guru
Too hot is when you set out Sunday morning having filled both bottles with fresh cold water, but then leave them next to the sink. :sad:

Top Bottom