1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long since a Pxxxtxxx

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Wolf04, 3 Jun 2008.

1. Wolf04

Wolf04 New Member

Torrential rain this morning and I get a you know what on my rear. In between cursing and finding the diamond shaped nugget of glass protruding from the tyre I worked out that I fitted the tyre, a schwalbe marathon racer in December 2006 and it's done 5000+ miles before the first visit from the P fairy. I chose the racer over the marathon+ as it's a lot lighter and faster and easier to fit. I'm still impressed with it's P resistance but it set me wondering what is the longest anyones gone without a visit?
    Pete

2. 4F

4F Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby

I went 4 years and 18,000 miles without one and then got 7 in 5 weeks !

3. Ranger

Ranger New Member

4 years, 70 miles a week for 3 years and 125 miles a week for the last year (about 16 000 miles when I add it up)

4. Maz

Maz Guru

Had one last Friday. Oddly enough, the hole was right at the base of the valve and I couldn't repair it. Thankfully, I carry a spare inner and I put that on.

5. hackbike 6

hackbike 6 New Member

6. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Probably over a year ago now. Considering how much glass I have to cycle through on a daily basis (the Clyde tunnel is the local Buckfast bottle bank!) I think that is quite impressive. A big thumbs up for Marathon pluses :sad:

7. CotterPin

CotterPin Senior Member

Last Thursday evening, then discovered that the replacement innertube was the one with the slow puncture I had replaced the previous Sunday and not got around to fixing.

8. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

Funny. After months of nothing, yesterday I had one on the way to work and one on the way back. Got filthy fixing the first one as it was pouring down but the second was slow enough to get home on (although I had to pump the tyre up four times).

9. PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim New Member

I haven't had one since I fitted the Marathon Plus tyres at the beginning of the year. I did pick a huge shard of glass out of my rear tyre last week though. It left a crater in the tyre!

10. palinurus

palinurus Guru

Until recently about two and a half years, majority on Armadillos. Don't know mileage but typical min. 5000/ year (2007 was around 6500). Got one a couple of months ago.

11. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Won't hazard a guess at the mileage since, but the last pu**ture was November 27th 2005. That's me fukked, then! :biggrin:

I'll let you know when it happens! ;)

12. Milo

Milo Veteran

Dont worry PUNCTURES are rather rare.

13. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

The ignorance of youth, eh! :evil: :biggrin:

14. Milo

Milo Veteran

I defiantly avoid them. :biggrin:

15. I got one in each tyre the last time but one I went out. The tyres held out long enough for me to get home, but were both completely flat the next time I went to use the bike.