How long since a Pxxxtxxx

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wolf04

Torrential rain this morning and I get a you know what on my rear. In between cursing and finding the diamond shaped nugget of glass protruding from the tyre I worked out that I fitted the tyre, a schwalbe marathon racer in December 2006 and it's done 5000+ miles before the first visit from the P fairy. I chose the racer over the marathon+ as it's a lot lighter and faster and easier to fit. I'm still impressed with it's P resistance but it set me wondering what is the longest anyones gone without a visit?
Pete

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I went 4 years and 18,000 miles without one and then got 7 in 5 weeks !

Maz

Guru
Had one last Friday. Oddly enough, the hole was right at the base of the valve and I couldn't repair it. Thankfully, I carry a spare inner and I put that on.

Probably over a year ago now. Considering how much glass I have to cycle through on a daily basis (the Clyde tunnel is the local Buckfast bottle bank!) I think that is quite impressive. A big thumbs up for Marathon pluses :sad:

CotterPin

Last Thursday evening, then discovered that the replacement innertube was the one with the slow puncture I had replaced the previous Sunday and not got around to fixing.

PrettyboyTim

I haven't had one since I fitted the Marathon Plus tyres at the beginning of the year. I did pick a huge shard of glass out of my rear tyre last week though. It left a crater in the tyre!

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Until recently about two and a half years, majority on Armadillos. Don't know mileage but typical min. 5000/ year (2007 was around 6500). Got one a couple of months ago.

Top Bottom