How many cycle chatters live in Aberdeenshire area?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herbie

Veteran
Wondering how many cycle chat members reside in Aberdeen or in Aberdeenshire areas? Thought it might be good to get out on some runs like wot some members do south of Hadrians wall...Anyone interested in a wee bit of social cycling? :bicycle:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
not many judging by the replys .

cant you tell using members map !

OP
OP
Herbie

Herbie

Veteran
The Member's map only shows about 300 people but CycleChat now has over 18,000 members so don't give up yet - there could be a lot more in your area than you think!

Would be nice if there is more members up here..Be great to go on some runs like the ones you organise...How many people do you usually get on your forum rides?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Would be nice if there is more members up here..Be great to go on some runs like the ones you organise...How many people do you usually get on your forum rides?
It's going to be a good turnout this Sunday - 10 or more, but it is normally more like 3 - 6 including me.

Obviously there are a lot of CC members in the London area and they can get quite a few people to turn out for their forum rides.

I'm quite lucky here in having Leeds, Greater Manchester, Bradford, Huddersfield, Burnley, Preston, Halifax etc. within a 30 mile radius and people are willing to travel that far. I suppose that I've built up a bit of a core group now, and then get others coming along to join in.

For some reason, I found it much harder to get people to turn out for the 2 rides I organised last year from Meriden which is between Birmingham and Coventry, with Leicester, Wolverhampton and lots of other towns and cities not too far away. A bit mystifying that! Totallyfixed came on one of those rides and has been having a bit more success in scenic undulating Rutland, so perhaps it was just that people didn't find my flattish Midlands routes quite as exciting as my hilly Yorkshire/Lancashire ones!

Obviously, the population of Scotland is a lot smaller than that of England so you naturally won't have as many CCers up there, but Aberdeen is a fairly big city, and Dundee is about 50 miles away so I'd have thought that you should have enough CC members in your area to make it worth organising something.

I suggest that you send a PM to Nebulous and Milemuncher if they don't respond to/spot this thread. They might know other CC members up there.

OP
OP
Herbie

Herbie

Veteran
It's going to be a good turnout this Sunday - 10 or more, but it is normally more like 3 - 6 including me.

Obviously there are a lot of CC members in the London area and they can get quite a few people to turn out for their forum rides.

I'm quite lucky here in having Leeds, Greater Manchester, Bradford, Huddersfield, Burnley, Preston, Halifax etc. within a 30 mile radius and people are willing to travel that far. I suppose that I've built up a bit of a core group now, and then get others coming along to join in.

For some reason, I found it much harder to get people to turn out for the 2 rides I organised last year from Meriden which is between Birmingham and Coventry, with Leicester, Wolverhampton and lots of other towns and cities not too far away. A bit mystifying that! Totallyfixed came on one of those rides and has been having a bit more success in scenic undulating Rutland, so perhaps it was just that people didn't find my flattish Midlands routes quite as exciting as my hilly Yorkshire/Lancashire ones!

Obviously, the population of Scotland is a lot smaller than that of England so you naturally won't have as many CCers up there, but Aberdeen is a fairly big city, and Dundee is about 50 miles away so I'd have thought that you should have enough CC members in your area to make it worth organising something.

I suggest that you send a PM to Nebulous and Milemuncher if they don't respond to/spot this thread. They might know other CC members up there.

Thanks Colin ^_^

OP
OP
Herbie

Herbie

Veteran
[QUOTE 1696851, member: 9609"]What a fantastic amount of minor roads up in your area, that whole top right hand corner up to Fraserburgh is just a myriad of small quiet road; have you done them all yet ? I'm getting a bit hacked off with where I live, no new roads to explore :-([/quote]

Yes we are quite spoiled for the amount of quiet country roads up my way and no i haven't been on all of them...yet

Nebulous

Guru
Hi Alan

I'm in Aberdeen. I could be up for trying some social rides later in the year - but things are a bit hectic just now. The weather isn't too good either! I'm a member of Ythan cycling club in Ellon and occasionally get out on a training run with them on a Sunday morning. More often I go out on my own. Despite being an Ythan member I tend to head West towards Banchory / Aboyne. We're certainly spoiled for choice. From the middle of Aberdeen I can be on a quiet country road with very few cars in about 20 minutes.

James

NeoCaesar

Hi Herbie,

I'm in the Aberdeen area and would be up for getting out with some company. The weather is improving so is my mood. :-) Unfortunately my saddle is my only stead so any trips would have to leave from the city. If you want to arrange anything email me: horsesshotatdawn@hotmail.co.uk

Top Bottom