How many cyclists in 10secs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nasserblue

@Nasserblue - you can only film your commute (i.e no hunting for cycle hotspots), otherwise I'd head off to Assen and film 100 or so cyclists in 10secs

If that's really addressed to me, and not a general comment. I should point out I do not have a helmet never mind a helmet camera, and I have no intention of getting one.

Besides Hyde Park Corner is on my commute so it does count.

I've had a thought though. As I come up the mall I could get a ton waiting to go across the junction, then I tank round the island and see them again as they go straight across the island, so if all that was captured in single clip would it count as double counting?

ACS

Legendary Member
I managed to record 2 this morning on my 35 minute commute into work, which is 2 more than I have seen in the last 6 months.

OP
OP
Origamist

Origamist

Legendary Member
If that's really addressed to me, and not a general comment. I should point out I do not have a helmet never mind a helmet camera, and I have no intention of getting one.

Besides Hyde Park Corner is on my commute so it does count.

I've had a thought though. As I come up the mall I could get a ton waiting to go across the junction, then I tank round the island and see them again as they go straight across the island, so if all that was captured in single clip would it count as double counting?

That's the spirit! As you seem something of a literalist, I'll accept a work from you that has utilised a camera obscura, a la Canaletto.

There can be no double counting, Nasserblue. I've already had to disqualify Magantom for "potential cheating", you could be next.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
That's the spirit! As you seem something of a literalist, I'll accept a work from you that has utilised a camera obscura, a la Canaletto.

There can be no double counting, Nasserblue. I've already had to disqualify Magantom for "potential cheating", you could be next.
Does this mean you'd accept sketches in the style of a court artist, as long as they were rattled off in-situ?

I've also had correspondence requesting that Magnatom should not be allowed to enter the competition due to the shameless "choreography" of his videos. If you're in any doubt, incontrovertible proof was supplied by Col that Mag's vids were indeed contrived and heavily edited (he speeds up his vids in order to make himself look faster and he regularly cuts in high-pitched female screams as soon as he spots an exhaust pipe on the horizon). In light of this, I think it v likely that Magnatom would cheat - possibly by sneakily arranging for all of Glasgow's 26 summer commuters to meet at an appointed time and place. For that spurious reason alone, I HEREBY DECLARE MAGNATOM, BANNED.

:sad: Damn. I've been wumbled. ;)

Seriously though, I stand no chance whatsoever in tis competition. In 10 seconds I reckon I would max out at 2 other cyclists. In fact, I did see two other cyclists at teh same time on Thursday. At the time I was pointing out that they aren't supposed to jump red lights. Mmm. That's an idea. Can we have a competition for number of muppets in 10 seconds....? :whistle::biggrin:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
you still wouldn't win :tongue:

I don't think there is enough controversy in this thread, apart from my very controversial banning of course (a complaint letter has already been sent to the HIgh Commissioner of Daft Ideas which have No Resemblance for Anything Sensible, Meaningful or Indeed Interesting - HIC-DINRASMII for short).

Therefore, I would like to ask, does one need to be wearing a helmet whilst using a helmet camera? Will it save my life? Does one need to be wearing hi-viz? Will it attract more cyclists, like moths to a light, and thus be considered cheating? And do cyclists who have Campag on their bikes count as double when compared to Shimano clad numpties?

These questions, must be answered!:angry:

Top Bottom