How many fixed/ss riders do we have?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Domeo

Have been riding fixed into the City for many years. Don't post very often, but frequently lurk.

Madcyclist

I've ridden a shade over 12,000 miles in the last 18 months on my Pearson Touche fixed, currently toying with building a geared tourer based around a Bob Jackson 631 World Tour frameset.

Love the Mercian !!

irontam

On my second fixed. Was only supposed to be for commuting, but now gets used for everything.

So much fun, the car has barely turned a wheel in weeks. :blush:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I ride fixed for commuting..... for fun and weekends it's the road bikes - both are over 15 years older than the fixed, but... are they nice to ride.

The fixed is the best thing for bad weather - had it all this week...... seriously wet every ride....just a quick wipe of chain, drop some Finish Line ceramic stuff on, quick spin of cranks, then a quick wash..... all done in less than 10 mins - no messing checking for crud on mechs etc......

PS I won't post too many pics of my fixed again.....although it's good.....:biggrin: got the mickey taken by Trio and Ali at the drome this week....and I'd even said my bike was dirty......:biggrin: sat in the riders' area.... I'd carried it into the track centre as it was covered in sh!t from the roads..........:biggrin:;)

urbanfatboy

Über Member
just bought a Trek District, single, belt-driven

urbanfatboy

Über Member
sure thing. I was waiting for one of you to buy one, but then figured if i bought one and changed my mind i'd be able to move it on at only a small loss. But, yes, quite keen to play

D4VOW said:
I built up my Fixed for commuting but use it for everything other than off road :smile:

Completely understand, we couldn't do the club ride today cos Mrs TF was getting an award so we went out early, only 30 miles but magical, no traffic, little wind....... happy0062.gif
You are not far away, we are doing a social fixed ride next sunday am, come and join us?

bonk man

Raced on fixed a fair bit last year and have [ I think ] carried off the Fixed Time Trial Trophy again.... which means the club champion has one less thing to take home at the club do next February:biggrin:

I posted this elsewhere on the forum the other day so sorry if you have seen it before
4u6znq.jpg
[/IMG]

I don't do an awful lot of fixed riding to the shops etc as there is a massive hill that is a barrier to sane fixed riding hereabouts;)

Top Bottom