How many fixed/ss riders do we have?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
amber789 said:
Just got my first ss Giant Bowery72 (old model 2009) and well pleased.

One of our club has a Bowery but can't fit mudguards on it, on closer inspection it turns out he's got 700x28 tyres on. I assume you are riding smaller profile tyres and can get 'guards on?
Welcome to the fixed community anim_63.gif

amaferanga

Veteran
totallyfixed said:
One of our club has a Bowery but can't fit mudguards on it, on closer inspection it turns out he's got 700x28 tyres on. I assume you are riding smaller profile tyres and can get 'guards on?
Welcome to the fixed community anim_63.gif

I'm running Vittoria Rubino 25's on my Bowery with mudguards and there's plenty of clearance.

colinr

How'd you fit mudguards on with 25's on the Bowery, what with no eyelets on the back? Or are they raceblades / some other alternative fitment?

colinr said:
How'd you fit mudguards on with 25's on the Bowery, what with no eyelets on the back? Or are they raceblades / some other alternative fitment?

Crud Roadracers, I'm reliably informed they will fit on any bike as long as there is 4mm gap or more between fork bridge / brakes and tyre. One of my clubmates has them on, they look pretty good.

amaferanga

Veteran
colinr said:

Full SKS guards using p-clips on the back. Works perfectly well.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Got back into cycling about seven or eight years ago after a break of something like 20 years, got a succession of (gradually nicer) ebay racers (like the ones I used to ride, just better), then decided to try fixed, just because people who like them seem to like them so much (Sheldon, rest his soul, was a significant factor).

Got and converted a beat-up old Dawes 653 framed beastie I got for £53 off ebay. That was it. First ride scared the crap out of me. That was six months ago. Don't think I've ridden a geared bike since, apart from trying out a lovely Battaglin I just couldn't resist. Now facing the dilemma of do I don't I... Mr Battaglin certainly never meant it to be fixed...but riding with gears holds very little appeal now.

(I'm about a fortnight off 49, as it happens.)

trio25

Über Member
I am waiting for my fixed-wheel bike to arrive. It is ordered but I have been told January!

der alt

I use a Revolution courier single as the main means of transport ,sometimes fixed sometimes ss depends on the mood ,and as i'm doing roughly 100 miles commute a week it's easier to look after . i've noticed that i'm less out of puff after hills these days , with a 44-16 ratio it's not too bad though i probably should get down to a 14 or maybe drop down to a 12 which is what the last bike was. I was looking to change the front end to carbon forks but having had the bike since September i've got used to it now

urbanfatboy

Über Member
totallyfixed said:
Whoa!! I think most of us would be interested in some feedback on this, only seen pics before now. We'll be watching...... anim_53.gif

Well, i've had it a few weeks now, in truth it rides pretty much like any other bike. There is no give in the belt. The main advantages are that it is super quiet, leading to Zen oments of riding, where the only noise is tyre on road. Also that it is really clean, no oil or crap to pick up.`in facr, both these advantages make it great for using on my turbo trainer as well. there transition between outside and inside is very simple

Top Bottom