How many of you have recently grown a beard?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
have sported a goatee since 2005. until back end of 2013 when I grew a beard for decembeard and it sort of stayed till easter 2014. then went clean shaved till December this year when I grew one again. staying on till easter as need to keep face warm on the boat next weekend.

I might not grow it back as I am not a follower of fashion and hipsterdom

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
What beard?

You're safe at the moment, haven't managed to cycle that far.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I grew one in 2009, and was convinced that it was the best sartorial decision I had ever made.

"Gosh", I thought, as a regarded my hirsute visage in the mirror, "Don't I look rugged, manly, and handsome?"

Looking at pictures from that time now, I realise that I looked rather like an unevenly hairy potato.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
No beard but I grew one of those long biker type moustaches over Xmas. I even ran a thread on it on here on whether to keep it or not. Long and short I got bored with it a few weeks ago; only looked good when I was otherwise clean shaven. So I got rid of it. Mrs N never liked it anyway

Panter

Just call me Chris...
tumblr_m8e75llizP1rq40r4o1_1280.jpg

User269

I have to say, I'm astounded at the resurgence of beards! I think now that the majority of the male nurses I work with are bearded

I guess that as long as we continue to refer to 'male nurses' as opposed to 'nurses', who can be male or female, (along with doctors, police officers, midwives, soldiers, dentists etc. etc.) the men might decide to grow beards to avoid any confusion.

Anyway, can't stop, I've got an appointment with my Female GP (an old injury incurred when I was Male Soldier).

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member

Globalti

Legendary Member
On the couple of occasions when I've shaved my beard off I've been struck by the sensation of air flowing past my chin as I walked.

jhawk

Veteran
'Beard' is a bit of a strong word for my current state of facial hair... My mates take the pish without reprieve.

"How goes Decembear- oh, wait never mind!"

"My God! You've almost got a beard there! Almost, as in, maybe in five years if you keep growing it."

:angry:

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
I guess that as long as we continue to refer to 'male nurses' as opposed to 'nurses', who can be male or female, (along with doctors, police officers, midwives, soldiers, dentists etc. etc.) the men might decide to grow beards to avoid any confusion.

Anyway, can't stop, I've got an appointment with my Female GP (an old injury incurred when I was Male Sodier).
As a nurse myself and as someone whose partner is a nurse, I can assure you that I don't generally make reference to my male colleagues as male nurses, I made this distinction only to clarify that I was referring to my male nurse colleagues growing beards, and wasn't insinuating that any of the female nurses had grown beards. Perhaps I should have said non female nurses.
I apologise profusely for any offence you have taken, but politely suggest that you're a tad over sensitive.

Has anyone pointed out that goatees are a sign that the individual has come to the conclusion that they are a daffodil and want to let everyone else know that they acknowledge this and there is no need to tell them?

Top Bottom