How many of you have recently grown a beard?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I grew a beard in my thirties and kept it for a couple of years. My girlfriend said it suited me. Eventually I got sick of it and shaved it off. I waited for her reaction. There wasn't one. After about a week, my curiosity got the better of me and I asked her what she thought of my new look. She appeared completely confused and said "What new look?" ... :wacko:

Panter

Just call me Chris...
I went "full beard" over Christmas after over 20 Years of just having a goatee.
As a new member of the British beard club and a South Saxon beardsmen, it's now my moral obligation to grow a floor sweeper as quickly as possible.

tyred

Legendary Member
I grew a beard in my thirties and kept it for a couple of years. My girlfriend said it suited me. Eventually I got sick of it and shaved it off. I waited for her reaction. There wasn't one. After about a week, my curiosity got the better of me and I asked her what she thought of my new look. She appeared completely confused and said "What new look?" ... :wacko:

I have an uncle who had a huge big bushy beard for many years. He then shaved it off in the late 1990s. About ten years later at a family wedding, my aunt (his sister) blurted out "oh John, you've shaved your beard off!" (and they would have seen each other quite regularly in the 10 years since he shaved it off).

I shave every day. I sometimes think about a beard but it's easier to shave than put up with all the itchiness, etc.

fimm

Veteran
My father grew a beard before I was born, so that will be well over 40 years ago. I've never seen him clean-shaven. When he was younger his beard was very ginger and his hair was black, which was quite striking!

A friend grew a beard and then accidentally shaved it off (the accident invoved using his beard trimmer without putting the guard thing on first...) we all told him to grow it back because it really suited him (he has a big round face without it, and the beard suits his personality too).

Boyfriend grows a nice goatee. The hair on the rest of his face is a bit patchy so the full beard doesn't really work. He'll sometimes play around a bit with what he grows and what he shaves. I encourage him to do what he likes, but I always think he looks a bit odd with no facial hair at all, simply because I'm used to him with some!

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I had a teacher who I really admired, he had a beard.

So a few years after I left school, having forgotten the electric razor, I grew one over a couple of weeks. My parents were not greatly pleased. I've had occasions, walking in the winter, when my breath has frozen on the outside of my beard, a very strange sensation

I gets trimmed when it starts to get uncomfortable.

I'll second the comment about the luxury of having a beard trim, and combing it is a wonderful sensation too.

And the OH loves it.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Anyone wishing to continue growing their beard, but cannot stand the itchiness should try using some conditioner.

Any recommendations? Mine drove me nuts for the first couple of Months, but it's settled down now.
I conditioned it regularly, brushed it twice a day and used beard oil regularly but nothing seemed to ease it.

Top Bottom