How many of you have recently grown a beard?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
I think all those hipsters at the moment look really cool ...I believe they think they look like a Spartan from the film 300...I'd love to grow one but I'm too grey and as I already have a clean shaven head, the woman says I look like a serial killer when I don't shave my face...which to be fair to her, she's not wrong...

Ummmm...I'm not sure a cycling forum is the place to be confessing to being a serial killer :ohmy:

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
We all know male nurses are doctors.
To add to the confusion, my partner, who I will state for the purposes of clarity is a non female nurse is an advanced nurse practitioner who does the exact same job as the registrar doctors in the department. The majority of the doctors he works with are non male doctors and so don't have beards.

Doseone

Guru
I've noticed a lot more beards about. I think the French rugby player Sebastien Chabal started the recent trend and there are a lot of copycats out there. It's not for me, it looks ok on some guys, but others just end up looking a bit Amish.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
As a nurse myself and as someone whose partner is a nurse, I can assure you that I don't generally make reference to my male colleagues as male nurses, I made this distinction only to clarify that I was referring to my male nurse colleagues growing beards, and wasn't insinuating that any of the female nurses had grown beards. Perhaps I should have said non female nurses.
I apologise profusely for any offence you have taken, but politely suggest that you're a tad over sensitive.

Yes - the 'sensitives' lie in wait for any opportunity to pipe up. :smile:

cd365

Guru
I grew a short beard a few years ago due to a broken jaw and being unable to shave, I've kept it ever since. Though I keep it short or like designer stubble.
I do shave it off when I go on holiday, so I can put suncream on my face.

LimeBurn

Über Member
I've had the caveman look for the last year or so but started to get bored of it at the beginning of the week so shaved it all off yesterday - Kids dont like it they've said I look much younger, and the wife says I look like somebody else which will probably keep her happy :smile:

Rafferty

My Avatar is pretty accurate.

Rafferty

Leland.PNG
Leland Sklar. Not only one of the best bass players in the world, but also one of the most magnificent beards. He hasn't shaved since he left high school!
(Yes the neck of that bass is twisted, purposely).

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
View attachment 83155 Leland Sklar. Not only one of the best bass players in the world, but also one of the most magnificent beards. He hasn't shaved since he left high school!
(Yes the neck of that bass is twisted, purposely).

i think that's the guy that does Father Christmas at our local shopping centre every year. Pretty sure it's him.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I've noticed a lot more beards about. I think the French rugby player Sebastien Chabal started the recent trend and there are a lot of copycats out there. It's not for me, it looks ok on some guys, but others just end up looking a bit Amish.

All being well I'll be in Amish country in September. I'm going to grow my beard longer to help me blend in.

Tin Pot

Guru
I have to say, I'm astounded at the resurgence of beards! I think now that the majority of the male nurses I work with are bearded.

Now, I fully support any persons right to choose to have their body hair the way Mother Nature intended it, but as I do have a mil;d case of pogonophobia my OH has agreed that he will not grow a beard.

I know some of you have long sported beards, and have now become fashionable!
I grow one each winter.

This year I told my new colleagues it was "for religious reasons".

They didn't say a word in two months :biggrin:

All gone now...

Top Bottom