How many of you have recently grown a beard?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
I did Movember with a short trimmed beard a couple of years ago specically to annoy D2.

Turned up to pick her up from Uni in December, and walked past her 1m away and she did not recognise me. Ok I had on a flat cap as well but....

Turned out that D1, D2 & Mrs PK all liked it and thought it made me look younger....hence I still have it.

#3 on the sides, #4 on the chin and tash.

Reactions: 4F

Tojo

Über Member
I used to grow one every time I was in saturation......then on decompression, shave it into dodgy sideburns and hitler tashes.........:shy:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
My beard trimmer packed up about 4 years ago and I trimmed the beard with scissors for a bit then when we had to go to a 'smart' do I decided to have a shave (first time for 25 years) Maz told me if I ever did that again I could pi$$ off and bought me a new beard trimmer the next day. :becool:
Mine is normally short/stubble in summer and a bit longer in the winter for warmth.(the scarf you can't lose)

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
@User14044's beard need a trim...

3d47e74045ba9d719d2a049289abeff1.jpg

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
One of our colleagues told me today that he thinks its very rude of me to ban my OH from growing a beard!
Mines around 20 years now, I'm banned from shaving it off by the OH even though she's mildly allergic to it. It now gets a #1 when I start looking 'like Caprain Fishy' and gets to be shaped for a few days, but as I've always suffered 5 o clock shadow by about noon there's little I can do about it. Having it trimmed at a barbers in Sheffield (I'm lazy and treat myself if the hair needs doing anyway) last October was the first time I'd got serious compliments on it. I have been considering shaving it off, just to see, over the last year or so but probably won't as I know I'd not be bothered to shave daily.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Mines around 20 years now, I'm banned from shaving it off by the OH even though she's mildly allergic to it. It now gets a #1 when I start looking 'like Caprain Fishy' and gets to be shaped for a few days, but as I've always suffered 5 o clock shadow by about noon there's little I can do about it. Having it trimmed at a barbers in Sheffield (I'm lazy and treat myself if the hair needs doing anyway) last October was the first time I'd got serious compliments on it. I have been considering shaving it off, just to see, over the last year or so but probably won't as I know I'd not be bothered to shave daily.
When mine gets a bit long/needing a trim Maz refers to me as 'Captain Cave-man' :laugh:

Twinks

Über Member
:tongue:
No replies from any of the CycleChat women yet!

OK How many hairs needed to qualify? I have a single hair that grows under my chin, when I first noticed it I thought I was going to end up the bearded lady:laugh:but it never grew any mates. It seems to grow overnight to about an inch then falls out again but probably cos I can't resist twiddling it.:laugh:My boss has a beard which he keeps trimmed and it really bugs me cos he never gets it symmetrical.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Never done face hair..bar bum fluff when I was about 15..

byegad

Legendary Member
I grew mine over Xmas 1976 and have never shaved since. (My electric razor packed in the last work day before Xmas.) The present Lady Byegad has never seen me without one, except for on old photos, and would much rather I kept it. As I like the beard I suspect it will go with me to my grave.

surfdude

Veteran
i tried once but as i only need to shave once every 9 days and then its just a few patches . kept it going for 3 months but it looked like someone had dabbed veet for man in different places all over my face . not a pretty sight . the few times i have done movember i have to start in October just so they is something to see

Globalti

Legendary Member
I had a beard when I was at college because it was de rigeur for climbers at that time. The first time I travelled on buiness to Pakistan my passport photo had a beard but I had shaved it off, which caused quite a lot of hilarity amongst the immigration staff at Karachi: "Oh Sir! Where is your beard?"

I don't like the prickly feeling or the spots that you get from trapped bacteria so prefer clean-shaven now. I believe the current vogue has come about because of the numbers of young Muslims we see wearing magnificent thick beards. It does look very dashing and manly on the right face but unfortunately most men don't suit a beard; you need sharp features not a pudgy over-fed modern face.

Top Bottom