how much does you roadie weigh?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
some day i will get a smaller lighter saddle pack and go absolute minimalist with whats in it and get her to a sub 10 kg riding weight :smile:
Cheers Ed

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Too much.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
25 year old steel bike 9kg.
That is pretty light for a steel bike! My Basso is steel and weighs about 10 kg. Hmm, yes - I suppose I could probably lose 0.5 kg on the wheels/tyres and another 0,5 kg on lighter parts.

My aluminium Cannondale weighs about 8.5 kg. That could also do with a wheel diet. I could probably get it down to 7.75 kg without spending a fortune.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
some day i will get a smaller lighter saddle pack and go absolute minimalist with whats in it and get her to a sub 10 kg riding weight :smile:
Cheers Ed

Hold on, your saddle pack is normal size. Going any smaller will make very little difference in weight. You are talking about grams difference.

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
Hold on, your saddle pack is normal size. Going any smaller will make very little difference in weight. You are talking about grams difference.
right, no drink for me then! come on, how do i get my steed to sub 10 kg riding weight? current saddle pack contains multi tool, tube, co2 inflator and one cartridge, tiny glueless patch set.
or do i just shut up, stop caring and just ride?
Cheers Ed

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Loosing weight on a bike is fun but can be very expensive for very little or no gain . Look at aero positions , its cheaper !

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
right, no drink for me then! come on, how do i get my steed to sub 10 kg riding weight? current saddle pack contains multi tool, tube, co2 inflator and one cartridge, tiny glueless patch set.
or do i just shut up, stop caring and just ride?
Cheers Ed

This ^^^^
You just need more miles in your legs that's all. Oh yes, and stop turning such a high gear all the time.

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
This ^^^^
You just need more miles in your legs that's all. Oh yes, and stop turning such a high gear all the time.
yep, true. miles will come when it warms up a bit and i do try to vary my gears a bit now and i am getting better at spinning :smile:
Cheers Ed

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
I will have to take my recumbent trike to the public weightbridge to find out!

It is made of lead rain gutters reinforced with concrete. ......
actually it is about 17kg excluding rack and mud guards and my overfilled panniers!
With panniers it weighs about the same as a small house - especially going up hills. Maybe I should revise what I carry - but I know that the day I set off without 3 spare inner tubes and a repair kit, or the spare 8 links of chain, or the first aid kit including an adult and a child size airway, or the large adjustable spanner, or the spare set of spare lights (in case my spare set doesn't work) or the multi tool, or the spare battery for my phone (even though my phone will run fine for a day or two even with sat nav running) or the spare.........well you get the jist.

Top Bottom