how much does you roadie weigh?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J1780

No access to scales at the minute
A little over 7 kilo if memory serves.....Cervelo soloist carbon with dura ace
A litte over 9 kilo if memory serves......Trek madone 3.1.
I love both bikes. The trek is a little under speced for the money like all treks but in thousands of kms all I've done is basic maintenance even the wheels have stayed true on poor roads. The Cervelo is over priced but I couldn't help myself back in Feb 2008.

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
60cm Supersix Evo with SRAM Red and H Plus Son Archetype rims - 7.1 kg

I keep wondering if I didn't make a mistake not getting the Nano frame. But then I think about all the extra fat I'm carrying and it doesn't really matter.

Gixxerman

Guru
2007 Trek Madone 5.2 with Dura Ace and Mavic Ksyrium's fitted. 6.5kg according to my luggage scales. Though I am not sure how accurate the scales are.

Last edited:

NorvernRob

Cube Peloton Race (alloy) 9kg
Scott Foil (HMX carbon) 6.3kg

Both ready to ride with pedals, cages, Garmin mount etc on! I'd love to get the Foil under 6kg but it's pretty much impossible as I'm not compromising on saddle, brakes etc.

Best of all I've lost 8kg since I started cycling a year ago, so effectively the bike weight is now free.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Out of curiosity I just weighed my Spa and it's 12kg "naked". That may seem like a lot but it's only about 10% of the all-up weight with lights, lock, tools, spare batteries, snacks, drink, flask, GPS, other pointless stuff, plus me + my riding gear. I think my Dawes is about 15kg.

Last edited:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Rose Xeon CRS approx 7.6 kg inc. cages, pedals, computer. Carbon.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Ive never weighed mine , going on the base spec of 9.16 with the stock wheels minus the weight saving based on quoted weight for the new wheels i get 8 and half kg give or take for an aluminium boardman road comp 2013 with sam apex and rs 11 wheel set
This is all conjecture based on fudgematics :smile:

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
De, I just broke the end off of one of my finger nails, can I adjust the weight of my bike accordingly, as I do not want to mislead anybody.

Doyleyburger

Veteran
Felt Z85 - Aluminium frame with carbon forks and carbon seat post. Just upgraded the wheels which takes it to approx 8.8kg. Very intrigued now so will take it to work to put on the scales for an exact weight

Top Bottom