How much does your bike weigh?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
But surely, if i'm cycling along due east, with the earth below me already rotating at 1000mph the centrifugal force
of 1000mph + 15mph will make me, er, lighter?

This thread is getting daft.

Got me slippers on and pipe in hand, settling in for a laugh.....

nick.b

But surely, if i'm cycling along due east, with the earth below me already rotating at 1000mph the centrifugal force
of 1000mph + 15mph will make me, er, lighter?

This thread is getting daft.

Got me slippers on and pipe in hand, settling in for a laugh.....

screw weight watchers, Ride east!

Cyclopathic

Veteran
screw weight watchers, Ride east!
If we all ride east at the same time will we make the earth spin faster or slower? Hang on, by my reckoning if we all cycle east then we will make the world spin faster so if we want to slow down time or at least make the days a bit longer then we should all cycle west. We should decide what we want to do and organise it one day. Who's with me for some bike powered time travel?:hyper:

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Best bike weighs 6.5kg. I weigh more than I should due to lack of cycling the past few months and my fondness for Bourbon & Scotch whiskies.

If we all ride east at the same time will we make the earth spin faster or slower? Hang on, by my reckoning if we all cycle east then we will make the world spin faster so if we want to slow down time or at least make the days a bit longer then we should all cycle west. We should decide what we want to do and organise it one day. Who's with me for some bike powered time travel?:hyper:

Why not put all the worlds best sprint cyclists on "South to North" LEJOG ... that'll really mess day and night / summer and winter up!!

Bodhbh

Guru
Tourer is about 19.5kg - 456 inbred frame with front and back racks, 3 bottle mounts, 2" marathon XRs, touring rims, etc. MTB is around 12kg - spesh rockhopper with an OMM rear rack to double as a crud catcher. Nothing lighter, but if I had a spare 500 quid I think it's time I bought a cheap road bike.

tyred

Legendary Member
My Rudge must weigh 45 - 50lbs:rolleyes:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
2x Old steel road bikes - 9kg.

Fixed alloy/carbon commuter - 8kg with guards, but 9kg with rack fitted. Fully loaded with full pannier - same as a small elephant ! :blink:

Big boy

I weighed my bike without lights pump etc.
According to my fishing scales its just over 25 pound.
Its an ammoco budged road bike, with a small frame and 23c tires.
Oh im about 16 and a half stone :o) so it dont tend to bounce around a lot :o)

Top Bottom