How much faster are the pros and what you need to emulate them.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
It’s not just about genetics but it mostly is.

No one will ever know how true or false that statement is, because they use it as an excuse to give up before they even approach their potential.

Personally, I think it’s equivalent to believing in fate.

keithmac

Guru
I often think it would be a good idea to have dual level sports. One would be for sports men and women who could dope themselves up as much as they like and the other would be for clean athletes. Problem solved.

keithmac

Guru
I often think it would be a good idea to have dual level sports. One would be for sports men and women who could dope themselves up as much as they like and the other would be for clean athletes. Problem solved.

They do this in bodybuilding iirc clean and enhanced class.

Should be clean grade for cycling, god knows it's been dragged though the mire with Lance and now the TUE debacle, all sounds very suspect to the layman.

Whaen was the last totally clean TDF win?.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I remember reading the stats for the 1986 alp d`huez stage where the average speed for a mountain stage was i can manage for maybe an hour and a half on the flat .

screenman

Legendary Member
I remember reading the stats for the 1986 alp d`huez stage where the average speed for a mountain stage was i can manage for maybe an hour and a half on the flat .

That could say as much about you as them, what is your average over 90 minutes?

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
How can I be as good as a professional footballer, cricketer, marathon runner or cyclist? Answer - you can’t, they’re all much better than you are.

Find a sport that isn’t popular?

This works in entomology too. Want to become a world expert and write a book and field guide on the subject? Find yourself a Diptera (fly) that hasn’t been studied and go for it. Don’t thank me. Thank the fly.

Paging @Julia9054

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It's amazing how many top flight cyclist suffer from asthma, you wouldn't think they'd go hand in hand..
I was always very sporty, swimming clubs, football, cricket, adult rugby every week with 2 training sessions. I never had any asthma issues.
I stopped at 34 due to injury and decided to train for a marathon. Within 6 months at the age of 35 I had developed exercise induced asthma. I have to puff on my brown inhaler everyday for the rest of my life.
If you push your lungs to the limit you can damage them.

Top Bottom