How much fitness time (weights, stretching, etc.) do you do in a week?

Fitness time off the bike in a week?

• None

Votes: 26 52.0%
  • 1-3 hours a week

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • 4-7 hours a week

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • More time than spent on the bike

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2IT

Everything and everyone suffers in comparisons.
When I was racing, it felt better to do something off the bike for muscle balance and relaxation. Now in my 60s it's as if rigor mortis sets in later in the day or an injury starts developing over time when I don't do some off the bike physio.

Don't count walking, running, swimming, etc..

How much do you do?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Does 30 hours of window cleaning,up and down ladders which i carry from job to job count?

Last edited:

Sharky

Guru
Also in my 60's (66) - AND still racing and training, all a bit slower. Still get aches and pains, especially washing up, hoovering, gardening, shopping etc, but funnily enough when back on the bike, the pains seem to disappear.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well, if you are not counting walking then ZILCH. Unless you count the fact that I don't drive so when I walk to and from the shops I carry weights in the form of shopping ...? :whistle:

I actually bought a pair of kettlebells off my nephew recently and did do some weight training with them. 'Weight training' only in the sense of training the weights to sit quietly in the corner of the room, daring me to pick them up! :laugh:

Levo-Lon

Guru
Turbo for a couple of hrs..30min sessions.
i do around 50 sit ups ,2x 20 press ups and a load of old karate type stretch excersing..
i tend to do this 3 to 4 times a week.

thou after some of my work days i find it a bit too much..50 3x2 slabs feels like a 1000 now..this age thing :banghead:

steve50

Disenchanted Member
My Mrs seems to be making sure I get plenty exercise just lately, I have just finished paving the back garden with concrete slabs, all hand balled up there and set in concrete, then she wanted a concrete base laying on the side garden for the new shed that is due to arrive anytime, so that was a lot of digging out, foundation laying then half a tonne of concrete laying, again all done by hand, not even the use of a wheel barrow, i think I will class that as enough exercise. :training:

D

Deleted member 1258

At the moment nothing except the bike, but I've got a Yoga class next week, its been seven or eight years since I did my last one. I always found yoga was good for stretching the muscles that I didn't use in cycling and made me feel better both physically and mentally.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Judging by the various aches and pains I currently have (can't lift right arm above shoulder without pain and also a very sore neck) not enough by a long way

Sixmile

Veteran
I've been going to the gym at lunchtimes 3 - 5 times a week depending on my work schedule. 45 minutes isn't much at every visit but has saved me eating subways and chippys at lunchtime so I've saved a few pounds and a few pounds!

Top Bottom