How much fitness time (weights, stretching, etc.) do you do in a week?

Fitness time off the bike in a week?

• None

Votes: 26 52.0%
  • 1-3 hours a week

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • 4-7 hours a week

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • More time than spent on the bike

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
2IT

2IT

Everything and everyone suffers in comparisons.
You haven't explained why running, walking, swimming are excluded from 'exercise' in your equation. Most of us don't race but lead quite active lives, with weight bearing activity important for bone density, fitness, muscle balance etc

The reason is to separate aerobic exercise from much less aerobic exercise. Along those lines, weight lifting or stretching and the like can be a type of physio therapy aimed at muscle balance and recovery.

The other supplemental aerobic exercise is good for the reasons you stated, with maybe the exception muscle balance. Many triathletes find that running/riding can be antagonistic activities leading one to wonder if the chronic injury came from running or riding.

Thank you for your prompt for the explanation. Another survey with total aerobic exercise in a week could be done next week which would include walking, etc. In regards to gardening, it might fit better in the fitness category. On the other hand after gardening, I have even less of an idea of what I did to hurt so.

Tin Pot

Guru
The reason is to separate aerobic exercise from much less aerobic exercise. Along those lines, weight lifting or stretching and the like can be a type of physio therapy aimed at muscle balance and recovery.

The other supplemental aerobic exercise is good for the reasons you stated, with maybe the exception muscle balance. Many triathletes find that running/riding can be antagonistic activities leading one to wonder if the chronic injury came from running or riding.

Thank you for your prompt for the explanation. Another survey with total aerobic exercise in a week could be done next week which would include walking, etc. In regards to gardening, it might fit better in the fitness category. On the other hand after gardening, I have even less of an idea of what I did to hurt so.

Ah right, well I do train in anaerobic zones.

Roughly 95% aerobic, 5% anaerobic.

So this week, 10hrs exercise, 30mins in zone 4 and 5.

Might get some Dumbbells to do some arms as well, as I'm really slack on swimming.

OP
OP
2IT

2IT

Everything and everyone suffers in comparisons.
Ah right, well I do train in anaerobic zones.

Roughly 95% aerobic, 5% anaerobic.

So this week, 10hrs exercise, 30mins in zone 4 and 5.

So your going anaerobic on us? Well just keep the tires on the pavement when you do. There is enough anaerobic training for me just going up a hill or swimming so I seldom plan any additional. Maybe a survey on anaerobic activity is in the future. Weight lifting and stretching are not necessarily anaerobic, especially the way I do them. I'm a lightweight though.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I go through brief phases of doing bits of yoga or pilates or whatever. At the moment I'm doing resistance training by strapping a small child to myself while I carry out basic household chores at the weekend.

Top Bottom