How often do you do a century bike ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robjh

Legendary Member
Once a month, doing the Imperial Century a Month challenge elsewhere on here, plus a few more - maybe average 15 or so per year.
I enjoy the monthly challenge thing, particularly in a strange sort of way in the winter, when it motivates me to get up in the cold and dark and go for far longer rides than I otherwise would, and I never regret it.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm still doing the century a month challenge of which I'm on the 12th year and the 319th century over all.
100 miles is my optimum amount of cycling of which i find pretty easy. It's an enjoyable days ride. And of which I feel very comfortable with.
I have actually cut the riding down over the past few years, 5 years ago averaging over 24 centuries in a year, ie one every other week, now down to a lowly 15.

Last edited:

Chislenko

Veteran
I'm very much in the one a year camp, just to see if I can still do it, but it is getting harder as each year passes.

Every year I will say "that's my last" but come the next year you just have to have another go.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
The past is not necessarily a guide to the future:
Cents.jpg

Just 13 needed to reach 400. I will try.

Chislenko

Veteran
Halifax now offering a pay away monthly bond, although their rates are a little below some of the others quoted.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
They used to be a regular thing up till i got the big C, more or less recovered now, so going to have a go at one in a short while. Probably next March as we are booked to go to Spain with a mate. :okay:

fatjel

Veteran
Just checked Strava and seems I need to pay to see any past rides on there. Auk Uk has 2015 - 7 x 200km + rides ,2016 - 12 x 200k + rides and 2017 - 24 x 200k + rides . 2017 on zero .So far this year I hav managed 80km in total. .Must try harder

si_c

Guru
I used to do a lot more, went through a few years where I was doing one a month at least during summer (including a few longer 200km and a couple of 200mi rides).

Since COVID hit and I've been working from home I've not done anywhere near as many, one a year basically, partly because motivation to get out has been lower and also I've not been commuting so my general fitness level has tanked.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I used to do a lot more, went through a few years where I was doing one a month at least during summer (including a few longer 200km and a couple of 200mi rides).

Since COVID hit and I've been working from home I've not done anywhere near as many, one a year basically, partly because motivation to get out has been lower and also I've not been commuting so my general fitness level has tanked.

I missed 2 years of Century-a-Month due to a combination of lockdown plus other serious things that were going on in real life.

I'll be up to 100 centuries soon and I may retire from the century a month challenge after next year if I can find something equally pointless to motivate myself.

Top Bottom